The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, Kay said:

Neighborhoods is better than everything they've done with Skiba. It's worst track, This IS Home is on par with the majority of California and Nine. 

And Neighborhoods is low in my rankings. Quality over quantity for definite. 

Ugh I hate This Is Home but it's true it's less offensive to a blink fan than about all of California.. I'd argue maybe Bored To Death and *insert 2 other 'favorites' here* could be slightly more enjoyable, but the rest of California era is so much worse.. There no soul in it, at all.  Even After Midnight, which I don't like, in comparison has way more feel to it than any of California.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 9/9/2020 at 6:34 AM, Tom Bot said:

Did he? I know the style of music was more indie, but Mark has always wanted to remain in the spotlight and stay relevant. Couple that with his rivalry with Tom at the time, where they were making pot shots at each other in interviews and had competing bands, and it's a bit difficult to believe that he was content with +44's popularity. If he was, why did they stop making music so quickly? 

I could be wrong, but as I remember it the only stabs towards the other part in media was coming from Mark/Travis. I want to remember something along the lines of "Tom DeLonge can go fuck himself" in some magazine etc. I don't remember Tom doing anything more than talk about that he loves those guys etc

1 hour ago, twentytwenty said:

I could be wrong, but as I remember it the only stabs towards the other part in media was coming from Mark/Travis. I want to remember something along the lines of "Tom DeLonge can go fuck himself" in some magazine etc. I don't remember Tom doing anything more than talk about that he loves those guys etc

Lol that was the media just making things worse then they actually were. The actual quote was “Fuck Tom Delonge were here to talk about our new music” which was just Travis being frustrated with every interviewer asking about Tom/blink breakup instead of about the new music.

Tom more took stabs at blinks music and the band itself then Mark and Travis in particular.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I'm not as concerned with whether Mark said "get the band back together" as meaning "the current Blink isn't Blink." I don't think he meant it that way at all. But it's more interesting to me that he said he thought about calling Tom and getting back together and having fun like they used to. In all the years of Tom being gone I don't think Mark has EVER brought up pining for Tom in any way, or wanting to call Tom, or talking to Tom, or how much fun it was when they were together. He's always just given purposely bland answers when someone else asks him about Tom. It's not a huge deal or anything but it's pretty interesting and new for Mark.

I think you summed up pretty well what I was thinking. 

Edit: Except, I would add that I think it was super sweet and I also pine for those days, even though I still support their current endeavors.

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I finally put 2+2 the other day and realized "drowning in drunk sincerity" is a nod to the BR song...Mind blown.

Wait what BCR song ? I’m dumb -  ‘ human shapes burnt onto concrete walls ‘ BCR album cover ? Or am I reaching 

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Have fun!

I know that I’ve listened to that before, but listening to that now I have no recollection of hearing that before or remembering anything about what that sounded like. Which made me realize there’s multiple songs on nine that I don’t even remember what they sound like when I think about the track list.

• Like 2