The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Anybody think Mark is starting to miss Tom now, or he's at least accepted Tom leaving the band?  Few little things over the past week where he's either mentioned or tagged Tom, including at the end of the untitled album launch where he says he's gonna call Tom just makes me think something's going on.

Biggest think I took from watching was 'Up All Night' demo from the untitled session, it was from a song called 'Punk Kid'. 

18 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Anybody think Mark is starting to miss Tom now, or he's at least accepted Tom leaving the band?  Few little things over the past week where he's either mentioned or tagged Tom, including at the end of the untitled album launch where he says he's gonna call Tom just makes me think something's going on.

Biggest think I took from watching was 'Up All Night' demo from the untitled session, it was from a song called 'Punk Kid'. 

I think he definitely misses the friendship. How could he not? They were besties for years. Fuck we all miss the friendship and we were only outside observers lol. It would be hard to watch something like that and not get nostalgic. But no, I don’t think it means anything for blink. Not yet.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I think he definitely misses the friendship. How could he not? They were besties for years. Fuck we all miss the friendship and we were only outside observers lol. It would be hard to watch something like that and not get nostalgic. But no, I don’t think it means anything for blink. Not yet.

He probably misses making music with the guy too, hell, even I have previous members I miss playing with, I don't think there's anything wrong or some sort of hidden desire or anything. Being in a band is about chemistry and that doesn't just go away.

• Like 1

I have a very similar on again off again musical partnership and its easily one of the weirdest, most frustrating, but most rewarding relationships I've ever had. He brings out the best in me and vice versa, it's gotten equally messy (just not famous and public) with years of refusing to speak to each other in between but we always bounce back. 

I really don't see Tom returning or blink ever being real again but I can't believe they'll never do music together again. I think that's inevitable, but we may never actually hear it. 

5 minutes ago, Speedo said:

He probably misses making music with the guy too, hell, even I have previous members I miss playing with, I don't think there's anything wrong or some sort of hidden desire or anything. Being in a band is about chemistry and that doesn't just go away.

Oh dude 100% agree. I even said that the other day. Their friendship was built around playing music together. It goes hand in hand. I just don’t think it means anything for blink just yet.

• Like 1

Also worth noting mark didn’t even know that existed. That was his first time watching it.

If he wasn’t already thinking about the good old days and getting the band together, he is now after watching that. At least be nostalgic about it.

At the end he said he will call Tom after watching that, but not on camera for our amusement.

this was a step in the right direction of tom coming back to blink. not saying it'll happen soon, but it was a step in the right direction. Mark and tom both miss it whether it's just one song or one tour, I have no doubt that mr delonge will eventually come back for one more final, final (yes i said final twice @2009) blink performance.

okay I'm only like four minutes into Mark's album launch stream and just seeing his huge smile as he's watching and remembering is making me happy while the world outside is quite literally burning down around me. This is nice.

edit: that was super fun. would love to see him do more of these with other documentaries. this was nostaglic as hell for me, I used to watch these kinds of documentaries and blink vids all the time as a teenager, over and over.

• Like 5