The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

44 minutes ago, The Dog From Frasier said:

Love this, not usually into the what if blink

made this stuff.

this is really great! just looked into this guy and wow, what a talent. he does spot-on renditions. as someone who grew up in the south, this is a PERFECT pastiche of modern country pop:

On 9/11/2020 at 10:59 AM, Kay said:

Just rewatched it. It's interesting how Mark doesn't react to a lot of Tom's goofier moments. like he does to some, but it was kinda weird that there's not even an automatic chuckle to some of his dumb shit.

its because alot of what tom does is "unfunny" and "forced in" and often the same exact joke or little skit hes done time and time again before

4 hours ago, Jan's Plan said:

They probably did but I'm sure it got old after a while getting with drunk college chicks liking them primarily for their fame.. they are people too at the end of the day and want someone they can relate to deep down..

#maturejan

per our good friend oliver

apperantly tom did indeed screw alot of those hot rockets behind jen;s back

still waiting on oliver to tell us that big scoop

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

its because alot of what tom does is "unfunny" and "forced in" and often the same exact joke or little skit hes done time and time again before

Yeah Mark didn’t seem too amused when he asks Tom to show the camera a guitar lick and Tom just starts licking his lips. Wasn’t it also that Japan tour where Mark had to tell Tom on stage to stop talking and get on with the song?

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

8 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

At least Tom made the attempt to be funny. Mark gave up once he got that Twitter account. 

He definitely lost his touch once he got addicted to SM. Kind of annoying now and too proper.  Mark wins you back immediately though whenever he is himself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan said:

per our good friend oliver

apperantly tom did indeed screw alot of those hot rockets behind jen;s back

still waiting on oliver to tell us that big scoop

Hey all! 

I'll admit, I was tuning out a bit of the chat here past few days, but there is some gold on here today! And it probably helps that I finally finished the doc commentary. Yea, I feel they oversold the Tom call thing too.

As far as the Tom jokes, yeah I can understand a lot of them to be like old news, especially for Mark, but I still crack up at most of them. There have been a few moments where I felt like, "ooo, Tom, that was just bad!!" But at the same time, I think about how that's like totally me, and it just makes me adore him even more...and yea that one time where Mark shuts him up on stage...lol well, I mean, it was kinda funny in a way, but also I felt for Tom. Awe! <3 But yes. That hearty laugh from Mark, then and now, that's lol that's the duo there!

I can see how Mark has matured, but you know, I kindof appreciate it. Like, I personally can't live in that constant state of excitement, so like the more sobering and/or sentimental Mark moments...and I'd venture to say he's always had this way about him, are a nice balance to Tom. And in regards to Tom, I am also a bit pleased that he's maturing. I mean, yes, I realize I do miss his goofy acting, but it can be too much excitement. Ha!

On that note...i mean, damn it's really sad, but frankly, I just don't like Jen (I'm awful! I have no real basis for this dislike other than superficial...and maybe jealousy ). But like I'm really not at all surprised to hear that Tom may have been unfaithful. Again, it is really sad, but it also kinda confirms the sense I've always had about him. He can't be perfect, right? Sigh!! But yea, I'd be super interested in hearing what Oliver has to say on that. I mean, ugh! Not Another pretty bad boy story!! But, I also want the truth...i think. :( Gosh, that is just super awful though! I've seen it before and I...and well, fuck! Even Tom has a song about this! Is he really a hypocrite too?! I dunno you guys...this better not just be bullshit gossip. :/ (yes, I know I am WAY too emotional about this, but comeon! To me, Tom is "porcelain beautiful" :P

3 minutes ago, Jan's Plan said:

That was one of the best watches in a long time, thank you @Ry-Bread thoroughly enjoyed that.

And the reason Mark didn't always laugh was because he was still a bit salty about Boxcar, duh.

haha hopefuly hes over it by now

it's something how he signs on one of the song of that one record he was suposedly so mad about

Wow that was awesome! I tried rewatching album launch a few years ago, but I had already seen it so many times back in the day, I kind of remembered everything. This was a great excuse to rewatch it!!

Lots of legit lol moments in the documentary and Mark was awesome reacting and giving info! Must watch for blink fans of that era..

I think I can live without the blinkumentary now, this was awesome. I'll just assume it probably sucked anyway

Also, blink italia uploaded it to YouTube, so I reported them for spam, hopefully they get banned

Edited by Feeling_This_1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1