The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 9/27/2020 at 10:30 AM, kibbles said:

Yeah, apparently he did 3 songs with Yungblud again as well as one with The Used, not sure why they didn't make the album but he said he's saving them for something special, so maybe a EP or Deluxe Edition of the album? 

Maybe they'll be featured on the Blink EP?? Heck! Maybe even a collab with Mark too! 

Oh, this is just wishful thinking. I haven't heard anything.

On the whole, it's a fun very easy listening pop punk album. Believe he's selling tickets to watch a live stream performance of the album next week.

Got to ask though, if Travis can produce this kind of quality, why isn't he all over blink's stuff? 

Mark appears to be a fan of tickets to my downfall going off his IG story so I'd love to see Mark feature on a future MGK song.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 3:58 AM, Jan's Plan said:

I think I'm more shocked that Travis is this masterful producer?..?   Am I just out of the loop, has he done this before?

Still interested to hear who mixed it, helped write all the guitar.

I was obsessed with The Game's album he produced in 2008. But his production quality has been god tier for a few years, some other recent examples are Fever 333 and the Iann Diorr album called I'm Gone (and that's why it makes me mad that California and Nine were awfully produced).

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

On 9/29/2020 at 3:58 AM, Jan's Plan said:

I think I'm more shocked that Travis is this masterful producer?..?   Am I just out of the loop, has he done this before?

Still interested to hear who mixed it, helped write all the guitar.

Didn't Travis produce that quarantine song? I'm guessing it's the same mixer from that song that's on this album as well

the production on the MGK album is sort of interesting. when turned up loud (especially in a car), each song is so compressed it sounds like white noise. there’s an interesting and appealing marriage of rap and rock production styles that kinda lend it something new IMO.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Mark's manager (his username is sellouts on discord) said that Mark's discord channel is basically a free content generator for blink italia, and they post everything they see there as news, without any links back to the channel.
Blink Italia tried to win him back with some long winded messages, kissing his ass, but the manager got all passive aggressive and then Mark chimed in with these comments:

Spoiler

20201001-110540.jpg

20201001-110607.jpg

20201001-110633.jpg

• Like 9

Just now, Russel Coight said:

Blink Italia is such a cunt.

Cause Mark is a fucking nice person and it takes a lot for him to act like this towards a fan, but he has his reasons. Whenever blink italia gets involved in anything regarding blink, they always just make things worse.

• Like 3

I should get over my aversion to discord because I'm sure I'm missing out on some great blink updates and trivia. It just feels like ancient technology to me. I used chatrooms like that in 1999 and message boards like this just feel like an infinitely better way to have discussions with lots of people.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Blink italia also said that those comments from Mark and his manager are defamatory and the guy sent a long letter to Mark, to which Mark hasn't responded.

And Mark's manager told him just to chill and stop being so formal (and whiny I assume). 

The fact that they wrote a Loooong newsletter to their fb page followers where it seems that is Mark's fault and they have been defamated made me laugh. Pointing at Jake as a Demon. I don't blame Mark and his staff if they got mad to the Italian fan page that like a vampires repost badly everything has been posted or said by Mark on his personal discord. Making an u turn and try to apologise badly in public to Mark, but writing in the news letter how badly they have been threatened by Mark staff and waiting a reply from him. B182 Italia staff if you read this message.. Start to be more conscious of what you are Always doing, if Mark write something in his discord needs to remain there, and if you want report it make sure you link the discord first or the source! 😂 

Just during the last tour in Europe when I talked with him in many occasion, he was telling me about how the Italian page was so active in repost etc... 👀

There was another page that was doing same thing in the past and Mark..stopped them as well! 🤦🏻‍♂️

There are just some lines that should not be crossed IMO, and I can understand both sides of it. Mark's discord is awesome, it's extremely positive and he genuinely just wants to feel like a normal dude and chat about random stuff with fans when he's bored. I'm in there, and despite some of the neat tidbits he sprinkles in occasionally - I haven't posted or even brought up anything from there as it feels like a safe place, and it's honestly just so cool of him to do.

The problem with these "safe places" (Mark's Twitch/Discord) is that typically Italia will come in hammering away with a million questions (usually from an alias so Mark isn't fully aware) and then as soon as the chat is over, there's a full recap up on social media. I think that bothers Mark to an extent, it would be somewhat annoying to me even if you are used to being in the public eye.

From Italia's perspective, they are dedicated to keeping their followers up to date and with nothing else going on - this is "content". They also try to get their followers questions answered which I can understand, but it's just kinda whack when they lurk and then post every single thing Mark said. At heart they are clearly die hard fans, and believe me - running blink fan socials, pods, etc. is not lucrative. (I lose money every month) So I don't particularly think the "ad revenue" is their goal in this, but can definitely see how it would annoy Mark and his manager.

It was cool to see that Mark says he appreciates the fan-sites regardless, if I were him I would probably just shoot Italia a DM asking that they back off a tad and I think they would respect that. But I haven't seen this FB rant or whatever so that bridge may be burned now.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

There are just some lines that should not be crossed IMO, and I can understand both sides of it. Mark's discord is awesome, it's extremely positive and he genuinely just wants to feel like a normal dude and chat about random stuff with fans when he's bored. I'm in there, and despite some of the neat tidbits he sprinkles in occasionally - I haven't posted or even brought up anything from there as it feels like a safe place, and it's honestly just so cool of him to do.

The problem with these "safe places" (Mark's Twitch/Discord) is that typically Italia will come in hammering away with a million questions (usually from an alias so Mark isn't fully aware) and then as soon as the chat is over, there's a full recap up on social media. I think that bothers Mark to an extent, it would be somewhat annoying to me even if you are used to being in the public eye.

From Italia's perspective, they are dedicated to keeping their followers up to date and with nothing else going on - this is "content". They also try to get their followers questions answered which I can understand, but it's just kinda whack when they lurk and then post every single thing Mark said. At heart they are clearly die hard fans, and believe me - running blink fan socials, pods, etc. is not lucrative. (I lose money every month) So I don't particularly think the "ad revenue" is their goal in this, but can definitely see how it would annoy Mark and his manager.

It was cool to see that Mark says he appreciates the fan-sites regardless, if I were him I would probably just shoot Italia a DM asking that they back off a tad and I think they would respect that. But I haven't seen this FB rant or whatever so that bridge may be burned now.

Exactly, I'm in his discord as well and I noticed that! I talked with him recently only about pokemon go and I didn't want bother him with blink stuff. Pretty sure is not his only intent to interact with fan regarding b182 but enjoy also videogames!

Agree 100% with you 👌🏻

Italia you do shitty things, it’s not just the reposting of content. You talk shit about the band on your very public social media account and then act like you’re an innocent victim when mark says something and wants nothing to do with you. There’s a reason he blocked your ass a year ago and you had to beg him to let you back. We’ve all seen it from the start here. The band clearly doesn’t like you and has disliked you for a long time and want nothing to do with you, but they have to put up with you to not cause a pr problem.

• Like 3