The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

54 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Really! Did he say why?

Nah looked like a one off comment because people mentioned that tour. People diverted to asking about the tre cool interview. I'm assuming they were just busy, or jerks, who knows. 

13 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

looks like a high school photoshop class project. awful 

if you look at the rest of his portfolio, you'll see he has a very long history of terrific album design projects. i think this was a quick favor for skiba and it looks like he did all of them in an afternoon.

the state flag one is actually quite good.

• Like 2

I never was fond of the artwork they chose or felt it really fitted the tone of the album either, but I don't think many of these do either. 

Hell in a weird way the brightness of Nines cover works more for Cali and the darker vibe of Cali's cover suits Nine more. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ghent said:

There was an Enema poster in the background of an awesome skit on SNL tonight about Tony Hawk/2020. Hard to explain but it was hilarious

saw this. fan of SNL but man was that a weird sketch. i know mooney's whole thing is weird anti-comedy, but sometimes that works (bruce chandling) and often it doesn't... especially within the confines of the live sketch, which so depends on a willing audience to receive it. still, got a huge smile out of the EOTS poster haha. funny that's evocative of that era entirely

• Like 1

Don't mind the California Republic artwork but that wouldn't suit IMO. The rest are all just boring and generic. They remind me of shite versions of Yellowcard's album artwork.

Glad they used the cartoon artwork for California. Didn't suit the California vibe of course, but it looked way better IMO.

7 hours ago, boxelder said:

saw this. fan of SNL but man was that a weird sketch. i know mooney's whole thing is weird anti-comedy, but sometimes that works (bruce chandling) and often it doesn't... especially within the confines of the live sketch, which so depends on a willing audience to receive it. still, got a huge smile out of the EOTS poster haha. funny that's evocative of that era entirely

22 hours ago, boxelder said:

Haha I fucking love all things Kyle Mooney even when they don't land quite as well. But yeah his strange vibe works best in pre-recorded videos when it can be edited just right, other than Bruce Chandling who is one of my favorite SNL characters ever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Champ182 said:

Haha I fucking love all things Kyle Mooney even when they don't land quite as well. But yeah his strange vibe works best in pre-recorded videos when it can be edited just right, other than Bruce Chandling who is one of my favorite SNL characters ever.

yeah, his old YT vids were so great, and there’s been a handful of good moments on SNL. but he’s never really found his footing and it has been a LONG time. i’m surprised he’s even still there. guess the paycheck is nice. he made a movie some time back called brigsby bear that was weird but also touching? idk. he’s an interesting guy 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, boxelder said:

yeah, his old YT vids were so great, and there’s been a handful of good moments on SNL. but he’s never really found his footing and it has been a LONG time. i’m surprised he’s even still there. guess the paycheck is nice. he made a movie some time back called brigsby bear that was weird but also touching? idk. he’s an interesting guy 

Yup I love all the Good Neighbor vids and loved Brigsby Bear. Those guys just have such a bizarre wavelength but it hits me perfectly haha. I think there was a time a few years ago when they might have had more success leaving SNL to make their own Good Neighbor show, but Beck Bennett has really caught on so I think Kyle stays on since they're kind of a creative team together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

That wasn't that funny but I love THPS and Blink.  Ever see this? Pretty solid, blink and THPS were the days, one made a glorious comeback...waiting on the other.

This is so old lol