The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I feel like Brand New and AFI are being under-appreciated here! Those two are way better than FOB, Weezer and MCR, although Black Parade is a damn good album and Danger Days is solid. Every other song they've done is utter crap though. I think both FOB and Weezer are utter crap too, asides from like 3-4 songs each.

I also rate AFI's Sing the Sorrow higher than Green Day's American Idiot. December Underground is better than 21st Century Breakdown too IMO. Brand New's Science Fiction might just be my favourite album of the past decade. Deja Entendu is pretty fucking good too.

• Like 1

AFI is different grouping of the “punk” stuff to me then stuff like blink, green day and especially fall out boy. Like I couldn’t imagine AFI touring with green day tbh. It’s probably happened before but it wouldn’t suit to me. But yeah they’re way better then fob and weezer.

Brand new is closer in genre, at least in the early days. And I agree Science Fiction is the best. Shame about everything that came out about Jesse after.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Are taking back Sunday considered emo? If so they’re definitely the best emo band around during the early 2000’s.

Taking Back Sunday is still one of my all-time favorites. A few days ago I was getting randomly sad that I won't have any chances to see them live anytime soon lol. They have stood the test of time better for me than most of the music I listened to back then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Taking Back Sunday is still one of my all-time favorites. A few days ago I was getting randomly sad that I won't have any chances to see them live anytime soon lol. They have stood the test of time better for me than most of the music I listened to back then.

And the music they’re making now is still pretty decent. Great band.

• Like 1

I always felt that Brand New were a thousand times better than TBS. They were better musically, lyrically, vocally and were way less cringe. I never got the success of TBS, to the point where I went to a festival where they were headlining and left before they came on. 

I don't put either of them in the same category as FOB or blink though, seem too different genre wise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I always felt that Brand New were a thousand times better than TBS. They were better musically, lyrically, vocally and were way less cringe. I never got the success of TBS, to the point where I went to a festival where they were headlining and left before they came on. 

I don't put either of them in the same category as FOB or blink though, seem too different genre wise. 

I like brand new better too but I still love TBS. Great live show too.

Your Favourite Weapon i could see being put in the same category even though it’s different it’s still got quite a few elements of pop punk.

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I like brand new better too but I still love TBS. Great live show too.

Your Favourite Weapon i could see being put in the same category even though it’s different it’s still got quite a few elements of pop punk.

Yeah YFW I can see but all of the rest of their records are quite far away from that. 

• Like 1