The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

^ same, i never really listened to brand new outside of deja entendu, and now with what happened i don't foresee myself going to it anytime soon.

love a good discussion on mid-00s pop punk/emo. you know what was a surprisingly great band? RELIENT K. everytime i go back i'm pretty impressed. i went to a christian school in my youth and they were pretty big, but i thought they were lame because they were associated with it. nowadays, i'll hear their songs on shuffle and they more than hold up.

5 minutes ago, boxelder said:

^ same, i never really listened to brand new outside of deja entendu, and now with what happened i don't foresee myself going to it anytime soon.

love a good discussion on mid-00s pop punk/emo. you know what was a surprisingly great band? RELIENT K. everytime i go back i'm pretty impressed. i went to a christian school in my youth and they were pretty big, but i thought they were lame because they were associated with it. nowadays, i'll hear their songs on shuffle and they more than hold up.

I only know Mood Rings and that’s still a good song.

11 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

AFI is different grouping of the “punk” stuff to me then stuff like blink, green day and especially fall out boy. Like I couldn’t imagine AFI touring with green day tbh. It’s probably happened before but it wouldn’t suit to me. But yeah they’re way better then fob and weezer

agree that AFI doesn't fit into this conversation but that tour happened

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Taking Back Sunday is still one of my all-time favorites. A few days ago I was getting randomly sad that I won't have any chances to see them live anytime soon lol. They have stood the test of time better for me than most of the music I listened to back then.

I used to love Taking Back Sunday (and Brand New). I got to see TBS live last year and they played with Atom Willard! It was a lot of fun. 

I also agree that AFI isn't in the same grouping but Sing the Sorrow was incredible. Haven't listened to it in a while so not sure how it holds up but it blew my mind back then.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, iguessthisisgrowingup said:

All of MCR is 10/10 for me, especially black parade and kill joys

Brand New I really missed the boat on, and it's kinda hard to listen now after....everything that happened lol

I'm right there with ya on MCR. Thank You For the Venom is better than anything Brand New, TBS, AFI or FOB ever did.

8 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I'm right there with ya on MCR. Thank You For the Venom is better than anything Brand New, TBS, AFI or FOB ever did.

Congratulations, You've won this week's worst opinion award! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1