The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 10/11/2020 at 11:36 AM, Scott. said:

Are there any bands you do like? 

I mean not everything I listen to is holy and great music. I’m just giving people a hard time. I used to rip my brother who loved TBS but it was all in fun. I’m nobody important and I’m not here to rain on anybody’s parade. 

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Anyone who hasn't seen that picture before needs to stop what they're doing and check this thread out. Immediately.

even i know that one. it's internet / meme famous well beyond blink. i think it was featured on a "fails" subreddit is why.

• Haha 2

Never knew that thread existed but that's a fucking classic. I honestly thought the guitar was some kind of birthday cake from looking at it originally.

I love the part about his camera being broken and then he uses some other image to prove that he's fixed the guitar only for the posters to catch him out.

Is that the Jon who plays the blink covers on YouTube?

24 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Holy shit, I didn't know it ended up getting shared elsewhere. That's amazing.

yea i saw it before i even joined the boards. one of those lists of fails, pictures taken from reddit, like people painting their own cars and fucking them up, or adding on to their own houses poorly.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Never knew that thread existed but that's a fucking classic. I honestly thought the guitar was some kind of birthday cake from looking at it originally.

I love the part about his camera being broken and then he uses some other image to prove that he's fixed the guitar only for the posters to catch him out.

Is that the Jon who plays the blink covers on YouTube?

No, it’s Oliver from the boards 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I’m confused then, because you were talking about Oliver’s guitar, and then asked if it was Jon?

Yeah, I could've phrased it better but the guy in the thread that's arguing with Oliver, everyone in the thread keeps referring to him as Jon. So I was wondering if that was the Jon from the guitar cover videos on YouTube.

I've heard about Jon being a board member here before as well.

10 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, I could've phrased it better but the guy in the thread that's arguing with Oliver, everyone in the thread keeps referring to him as Jon. So I was wondering if that was the Jon from the guitar cover videos on YouTube.

I've heard about Jon being a board member here before as well.

Ok that makes more sense. I didn’t read the whole thread, just laughed my ass off at Oliver’s post. I don’t understand why everyone here hates Jon though. Seems like everyone is jealous. You won’t find anyone on YouTube who recreates Tom’s tones better or plays their songs more accurately. Haters gonna hate. I mean you got people here like Speedo who will stick up for and defend Oliver’s delusional narcissistic behavior while at the same time condemning someone Like Jon. All you need is this post to see how insane and selfish Oliver is. But the thing is there’s a million other threads just like it. Yet people celebrate him around here lol 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Ok that makes more sense. I didn’t read the whole thread, just laughed my ass off at Oliver’s post. I don’t understand why everyone here hates Jon though. Seems like everyone is jealous. You won’t find anyone on YouTube who recreates Tom’s tones better or plays their songs more accurately. Haters gonna hate. I mean you got people here like Speedo who will stick up for and defend Oliver’s delusional narcissistic behavior while at the same time condemning someone Like Jon. All you need is this post to see how insane and selfish Oliver is. But the thing is there’s a million other threads just like it. Yet people celebrate him around here lol 

When Jon was a member here he was a cunt. People didn’t like him because of his personality. Has nothing to do with his guitar skills or YouTube channel.

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

When Jon was a member here he was a cunt. People didn’t like him because of his personality. Has nothing to do with his guitar skills or YouTube channel.

Oh, but Oliver was obviously an outstanding citizen. Lol Jesus Christ. Maybe if Jon cried about having mental issues you guys would put him on a pedestal too

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Oh, but Oliver was obviously an outstanding citizen. Lol Jesus Christ. Maybe if Jon cried about having mental issues you guys would put him on a pedestal too

I wasn't here when Jon was and at first I didn't get the hate either, but over time I've seen old threads where he's posted and he does come across like an absolute twat. 

• Like 1