The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’m curious why he still has all his used bass strings from last year lol. Maybe he was always planning on doing something like this with them.

Yeah they asked his bass tech to hold on to them so they could do something cool with them for charity. 

• Like 1

I've noticed there isn't much pro shot footage of blink from the TOYPAJ era. I know there's songs like Anthem Part 2 and the three singles of the album that had pro shot footage for TV, CD's, DVD's or whatever but I can't remember seeing them perform any other songs that were pro shot.

They did play Reckless Abandon a lot but if I remember correctly all the pro shot footages of that song seems to be from the smiley face era and onwards.

I'm aware blink did play the majority of the TOYPAJ album during 2001 and 2002, but all I ever see on YouTube are shitty videos recorded by fans using handheld cameras. It's weird considering there's shit loads of pro shot videos of blink in the Enema era and the smiley face era.

Shame because I'd have liked to hear good quality live videos of them playing Story of a Lonely Guy, Please Take Me Home, Online Songs, Everytime I Look For You, Give Me One Good Reason and Please Take Me Home.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I've noticed there isn't much pro shot footage of blink from the TOYPAJ era. I know there's songs like Anthem Part 2 and the three singles of the album that had pro shot footage for TV, CD's, DVD's or whatever but I can't remember seeing them perform any other songs that were pro shot.

They did play Reckless Abandon a lot but if I remember correctly all the pro shot footages of that song seems to be from the smiley face era and onwards.

I'm aware blink did play the majority of the TOYPAJ album during 2001 and 2002, but all I ever see on YouTube are shitty videos recorded by fans using handheld cameras. It's weird considering there's shit loads of pro shot videos of blink in the Enema era and the smiley face era.

Shame because I'd have liked to hear good quality live videos of them playing Story of a Lonely Guy, Please Take Me Home, Online Songs, Everytime I Look For You, Give Me One Good Reason and Please Take Me Home.

its unfortunate that the rest of the footage they have is sitting on some shelf somewhere unused unseen

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I was hoping for a TOYPAJ 20th anniversary tour next year but with COVID I honestly don't see much live music happening even in 2021. Hopefully I'm wrong. And if I am hopefully it's actually safe.

Hopefully they do what they did with those AOL sessions or what MGK and Travis recently did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

So crazy that he came up with the intro riff while trying to learn this:

Can totally hear it.

That's incredible, also my favorite Green Day song (top 5) and never heard the connection now can't unhear it.

Never would have thought green day inspired wmaa.  The whole story was cool about it starting as a joke. Kind of disappointing there was no real meaning behind the '23' thing because so many personally connect to that line myself included lol.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:57 PM, Gaslit Jan said:

That's incredible, also my favorite Green Day song (top 5) and never heard the connection now can't unhear it.

Never would have thought green day inspired wmaa.  The whole story was cool about it starting as a joke. Kind of disappointing there was no real meaning behind the '23' thing because so many personally connect to that line myself included lol.

I mean come on. The whole guitar chord progression for the chorus sounds heavily inspired by Green Day. You’d have to be a fool to not hear Green Day influence in WMAA.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 9:15 AM, Nosferatu said:

I’ve always been bewildered by this. I’m my opinion, that TOYPAJ tour in 2001 was as good as they ever sounded live. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 3:57 PM, Gaslit Jan said:

i think my brain had picked up on the similarity without it thinking "humm did mark had this as an inspiration for whats my asian man