The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

6 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Very interesting interview with Steve Kravac who co-produced and engineered Cheshire Cat and talking about the recording sessions for this record!

Oof, this interviewer is always so boring though, I always wonder who they know to get these connects

23 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Oof, this interviewer is always so boring though, I always wonder who they know to get these connects

Usually they reach out to the agents ... musicians are pretty willing to talk though, Ry could probably get an interview set up if he reached out via Twitter to Mark or Travis.

A lot of these folks are approachable and totally down to chat and reminisce, sometimes it’s as simple as asking - most are flattered to be asked to come on any pod. If anyone thinks of realistic guests I should ask, as always please lmk. 

Mark/Trav/Tom are 100% aware of the pod, I think my best shot would be with Mark one day, but he has a “no pods” rule because he gets asked so often which I understand. (Unless of course Jim Adkins/Chris DeMakes/good friends ask lol) So just continuing to build it up until one day hopefully he wants to come on!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

A lot of these folks are approachable and totally down to chat and reminisce, sometimes it’s as simple as asking - most are flattered to be asked to come on any pod. If anyone thinks of realistic guests I should ask, as always please lmk. 

Mark/Trav/Tom are 100% aware of the pod, I think my best shot would be with Mark one day, but he has a “no pods” rule because he gets asked so often which I understand. (Unless of course Jim Adkins/Chris DeMakes/good friends ask lol) So just continuing to build it up until one day hopefully he wants to come on!

I think toms your best bet when he starts promoting his new album, he was on shitloads of podcasts for radio shows during lockdown... plus your already pretty chummy with his tour manager 😆 

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

That was interesting, LOL @ "Yeah I think Skiba does Tom songs, I saw them in 2014 and he did Tom songs."  (Skiba wasn't in the band yet, and has since done tons of Tom songs...)

Haha, some people's perception of time is really bad even if they know what they're talking about.

10 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

this guy's interview is super interesting to me because i actually had no idea that the band worked with him first in LA and then potentially scrapped a lot of the material and re-recorded it with O. in san diego

mark and tom barely ever talk about the recording process of cheshire. i'm actually surprised this guy remembers as much as he claims to from a four day period 26 years ago.