The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

According to my Facebook memories, I-Empire leaked 13 years ago today, in 2007. I was very into AVA at the time and I was so excited for that album. I had already heard like half the songs on it beforehand because of single releases and other partial leaks, but I was still thrilled to hear the full record. I remember listening to it that night in bed with my headphones on and thinking Heaven was one of the best songs ever.

I don't listen to the album much these days, but a lot of fun memories are associated with it for me. It was an exciting time to be a blink fan even though blink wasn't around. There was still hope for a second +44 album at the time. Things were looking up. Haha.

Might have to spin that record tonight. It's a fun one.

edit: @boxelder I don't know if a leak is worthy of inclusion on the official timeline, but if you feel it is I just wanted to tag you here so you can see the date.

• Like 7

On 10/22/2020 at 2:21 PM, wannabe corn dog said:

i actually had no idea that the band worked with him first in LA and then potentially scrapped a lot of the material and re-recorded it with O. in san diego

the story of the westbeach sessions + overdubs at doubletime with jeff forest is told in detail in anne hoppus' book. they didn't scrap any material; they just redid vocals and added some more guitar work.

27 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

the story of the westbeach sessions + overdubs at doubletime with jeff forest is told in detail in anne hoppus' book. they didn't scrap any material; they just redid vocals and added some more guitar work.

haven't read the book in 15 years. was going off what the engineer in those videos was saying. 

21 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

According to my Facebook memories, I-Empire leaked 13 years ago today, in 2007. I was very into AVA at the time and I was so excited for that album. I had already heard like half the songs on it beforehand because of single releases and other partial leaks, but I was still thrilled to hear the full record. I remember listening to it that night in bed with my headphones on and thinking Heaven was one of the best songs ever.

I don't listen to the album much these days, but a lot of fun memories are associated with it for me. It was an exciting time to be a blink fan even though blink wasn't around. There was still hope for a second +44 album at the time. Things were looking up. Haha.

edit: @boxelder I don't know if a leak is worthy of inclusion on the official timeline, but if you feel it is I just wanted to tag you here so you can see the date.

Its quite a nice album! 

On 10/23/2020 at 11:11 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

this video gets me hyped as hell. what I wouldn't give to see blink in this kind of environment.

If he ever comes back I hope they do a run of shows in ballrooms and shit like this, smaller intimate venues. I hate amphitheaters

• Like 2

On 10/24/2020 at 9:45 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don't like AVA very much but I think this is the album I like most.

4 hours ago, John Chevrolet said:

I'd agree if I had any clue what the fuck he was ever talking about. 

i think he just tries to be funny/edgy... kinda like that new @Depf dude. 

maybe stuck in 2005 or something, back when that kind of online persona was interesting/funny,  idk

• Crab 1