The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

10 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea but NOFX's music is 1000x more complex and interesting (career average) and they are way more entertaining live than blink has ever been.

They do put on a pretty fun show ... Although, admittedly, it's been 15 years since I've seen them.

3 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I wonder if Billie and Tre had to go to rehab because they couldn't accept the fact they were curtain jerkers!! That's pretty sad to hire a touring guitarist and then brag that you played/sang better than a drunk stoned Tom Delonge who doesn't try at all.

I could be wrong but I don't think they give a shit what the Blink Board pedo has to say on the matter.

• Haha 1

Can’t stand BIllie Joe. Cunt is so in love with himself. Walked out halfway through the last Green Day show I was at. Couldn’t be fucked standing there just stroking Billie Joe’s ego the whole night. We just wanted to hear them play some songs but the Cunt stops every song and a half to get everyone to chant along with him and shit. Got boring so quick.

Should add it was the end set of a festival so everyone was pretty loose but still. Boring.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Green Day are the better live band, and have the bigger legacy. But they lost their grip on the reign since American Idiot, even though neither band are making monumental work anymore. Since Blink’s ‘09 return, their work has outsold all of Green Day’s counterparts. All released around the same time, less than a year apart tops. Which is kinda pathetic for Green Day, as it has shown how far they’ve fallen considering two of those blink albums were sans a key Blink member. Neighborhoods sold more than any trilogy album individually, California outsold Revolution Radio, and Nine sold more than Father of All.

While, yes, blink’s peak wasn’t quite as commercially impressive as Green Day’s, they’re the only ones in the genre that have come close. And they’re both respected enough currently to co-headline a tour together again, especially since blink is currently out selling Green Day. Why Green Day has a stick up their ass when it comes to blink now is anyone’s guess. Saying no to a similar tour they then said yes to a year later, and then not invite blink along (who along with FOB and GD are the biggest names in pop punk, so it would’ve made more sense than Weezer from a promotional stand point) seems pretty fucking deliberate 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

The fact blink asked shows they respect Green Day. But GD not stepping up shows they somehow chickened out. Specially since they agreed to tour with FOB 🤷🏻‍♂️

Skiba Is close friend with Billie wich makes It even weirder..

My Guess:

1. Tre Cool might be jelous of Travis (he was clearly bitter after Pop D. Tour)

2. GD does not like something about blink music, humour, fans, whatever

3. GD doesnt want to open for blink nor co-headline the tour

Billie Joe supported Bored to dead on 2016 i thought they would get closer 🤔

On 11/24/2020 at 11:21 AM, _Kyle_ said:

Weirdly 2002 was when Green Day had an actual flop (Warning was considered a flop in that it didn't even go platinum, it probably has now?) and had a lot to gain with the tour versus blink who may have been at their peak. I think Green Day literally only agreed to Pop Disaster with Blink to convert younger fans that maybe somehow hadn't heard of them and to show Blink fans how much better a live band they were. It seems more logical when you consider Green Day never being friendly to blink afterward as they've never said anything nice about them (from what I can recall). It seemed like a great tour idea and I think Blink still dominated in terms of fans and going on last every night. Maybe that never, ever sat right with them? In some ways I get it, Blink is like your little brother's band to a band that is already your little brother's band. But I also get the vibe they just didn't understand why Blink was special and actually gave them run for their money. I was always Blink > Green Day during Blink's heyday and I still am.

I kind of wish GD would address it more because Blink were open fans of theirs and seemed to be talented enough to compete for the mantle of most popular Pop Punk band ever. Outside of that, there are no other threats and it makes Green Day look insecure to be this way. Maybeeee BJA is a minor fan or something, but Tre Cool was pretty upfront in not respecting them. I would think after all it was said and done, both bands can appreciate what the other did. In fact, I think Green Day being shitty to them gave them the hunger to make Untitled

I agree, i read & watched a lot about that tour, Green Day only agreed because they needed to be relevant again, but they were never confortable from what i saw

blink were always kind and cool about It.

• Like 2

from what i’ve observed GD really just dislikes blink’s style and humor. they feel like they were unduly popular and aping their style somewhat. it’s all based in ego and very wrong, though nqat GD’s live skills far outweigh blink. and they have the greater legacy too. but still, the hate towards blink is unwarranted, and i gather it’s mostly tre

• Like 2

On 11/24/2020 at 3:50 PM, daveyjones said:

yea but NOFX's music is 1000x more complex and interesting (career average) and they are way more entertaining live than blink has ever been.

They also play a lot better live. Mark and Tom and Skiba couldn't play a quarter of those guitar parts in the studio, let alone live. 

• Like 1