The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I love Peacemaker, Before the Lobotomy and Horseshoes & Handgrenades. Those songs are fucking good. Half of that album is very good but the other half is just filler.

X-Kid and Stay the Night are great songs from the trilogy albums. I enjoy Dirty Rotten Bastards too even if they did try to recreate some rock opera like Jesus of Suburbia.

Say Goodbye, Outlaws and the album title track are the ones I like from Revolution Radio. I like Stab You In the Heart from their new album. Has a cool 50's rock n roll vibe. But outside of a few select songs since 21st Century Breakdown, they've mainly been trash.

On 11/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, Kay said:

I still don't get why AI is so beloved. Like I'm not saying it's awful I just don't see it as particularly noteworthy yet it was freakin' huge. 

Well a portion of the American population was livid about the response to 9/11. So this and System of Down and to an extent Sum 41's Chuck became rallying cries in the music scene. At least in my small midwest community in Michigan.

That said, I'll never understand how Blvd of Broken Dreams, the worst song on the album, blew up as big as it did. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Well a portion of the American population was livid about the response to 9/11. So this and System of Down and to an extent Sum 41's Chuck became rallying cries in the music scene. At least in my small midwest community in Michigan.

That said, I'll never understand how Blvd of Broken Dreams, the worst song on the album, blew up as big as it did. 

I think blvd is way better than Holiday. That's a terrible song right there.

• Like 1

Sooo bit of history was made yesterday which is rad. Long story short, I had Rob Perelman on the podcast who shared that he had the unheard (and thought by most to not exist) Dude Ranch demos and offered to share them with Mark if he wanted them. Some listeners wanted to make sure Mark was aware of this offer and have been bringing it up to him quite a bit recently, and yesterday Mark saw the comments about the offer on his discord and wanted the demos! So, Rob sent them over to Mark's manager and they are now in his possession. 

Last night, Mark said on stream he listened to them and provided some more insight! This should start at ~25:20:

Twitch Stream

So even if the podcast gets cancelled one day, at least we got the DR demos back in their rightful hands...and hopefully they can do something cool with them at some point! 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Sooo bit of history was made yesterday which is rad. Long story short, I had Rob Perelman on the podcast who shared that he had the unheard (and thought by most to not exist) Dude Ranch demos and offered to share them with Mark if he wanted them. Some listeners wanted to make sure Mark was aware of this offer and have been bringing it up to him quite a bit recently, and yesterday Mark saw the comments about the offer on his discord and wanted the demos! So, Rob sent them over to Mark's manager and they are now in his possession. 

Last night, Mark said on stream he listened to them and provided some more insight! This should start at ~25:20:

Twitch Stream

So even if the podcast gets cancelled one day, at least we got the DR demos back in their rightful hands...and hopefully they can do something cool with them at some point! 

how did you end up playing with Mark? Was it because of the demos? That's rad haha

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Twitch Stream

I found the surf movie with the demo version of Josie mentioned in the chat. Song starts at 36:12 

• Like 3