The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

No set plans just yet, he mentioned it may roll into next year and may even become LP10 at this point. They had 6-7 songs the last time he spoke about it several months back, due to the covid situation I see no reason for any bands to push anything out right now tbh. (This would've been a great time for NINE DLX imo, but it's not happening.) 

I'm all for working on more songs, and aiming towards a new album this summer...pray shows are back in some form by fall to tour it.

3 hours ago, Burgersandcole said:

Does anyone know how blink started off. Were they doing like backyard shows? And like what scene were they like performing for? Probably like a question for @daveyjones or someone that like saw them back in the day.

You may be interested in browsing the Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline Thread or this website: https://blink182timeline.wixsite.com/mysite , their Wikipedia page is also pretty useful. Kudos to @boxelder

• Like 3

@Burgersandcole

the timeline is the best way to go, and you'll find there a lot pictures and flyers from their shows that will give you a good idea of the music scene and the kind of bands they used to play with. You can also listen to the 182 News podcast hosted by our @Ry-Bread. He did a fantastic 3-part interview with Davey where they basically covered everything about blink's early days.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Has Travis really been in the band longer than Tom? And Skiba longer than Scott?

Tom: 1992-2005 (13 years), 2009-2015 (6 years)
Travis: 1998-2005 (7 years), 2009-2020 (11 years)
Scott: 1992-1998 (6 years)
Skiba: 2015-2020 (5 years)

In total, it's 19 years for Tom and 18 years for Travis unless I'm missing something? I'm aware Skiba is 6 years in like 2-3 months though.

edit: Fucking hell, the reunion was 11 years ago. Feels like it went by so fast. The hiatus from 2005-2009 seemed to have lasted forever.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Has Travis really been in the band longer than Tom? And Skiba longer than Scott?

In total, it's 19 years for Tom and 18 years for Travis unless I'm missing something? I'm aware Skiba is 6 years in like 2-3 months though.

edit: Fucking hell, the reunion was 11 years ago. Feels like it went by so fast. The hiatus from 2005-2009 seemed to have lasted forever.

Yea but was blink really blink in 92? When did they actually start putting out music ?

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Italia did the math like down to the day not just year to year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Burgersandcole said:

Does anyone know how blink started off. Were they doing like backyard shows? And like what scene were they like performing for? Probably like a question for @daveyjones or someone that like saw them back in the day.

i came into the picture in mid-1995. so i missed the really early days (first SOMA location; dungeon side-stage). anne's book tales from beneath your mom has some pretty interesting info, but given other sources i also wonder if some of the anecdotes aren't somewhat apocryphal.

1 hour ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Yea but was blink really blink in 92? When did they actually start putting out music ?

tom and mark got together and started practicing with scott in august/september 1992. by 1993 they had shows at the first SOMA location sidestage. they were briefly known as "duck tape" among others before being blink, though the impression from anne's book is that it happened rather fast.

blink playing shows and recording bedroom demos is a spring 1993 thing. still, mark and tom consider august 1992 as the start of the band.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, daveyjones said:

tom and mark got together and started practicing with scott in august/september 1992. by 1993 they had shows at the first SOMA location sidestage. they were briefly known as "duck tape" among others before being blink, though the impression from anne's book is that it happened rather fast.

blink playing shows and recording bedroom demos is a spring 1993 thing. still, mark and tom consider august 1992 as the start of the band.

So Skiba has been in the band longer than Scott was then. Really weird now that I think of it. When in 1998 was Scott out of the band?