The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

15 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but the deadness of this band in 2020 totally pushed me away from any remaining interest I had. I’m now fawning over two new weezer albums and a 20 year catalog of demos. Two historically similar bands in their lost ways, yet weezer somehow keeps my interest now

While I'm barely interested anyway, I don't think it's fair to put their inactivity on them in 2020, theres been a pandemic. Some bands have managed to do stuff in that time but plenty have not, and they did release a new song last year. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NotNow said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but the deadness of this band in 2020 totally pushed me away from any remaining interest I had. I’m now fawning over two new weezer albums and a 20 year catalog of demos. Two historically similar bands in their lost ways, yet weezer somehow keeps my interest now

They released an album in late 2019. They couldn’t tour in 2020 due to the pandemic. They still released a song in 2020. Started work on a new EP which has more then likely turned into a full album.

Are they meant to release new albums every year to keep your interest even if it effects the quality of the music? Isn’t that the thing you and a bunch of others had issues with the Cali era? Quality over quantity? They’re working on n

Curious as to why you’re okay with Tom/Ava not releasing anything during 2020 yet when blink doesn’t it’s bad? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

They released an album in late 2019. They couldn’t tour in 2020 due to the pandemic. They still released a song in 2020. Started work on a new EP which has more then likely turned into a full album.

Are they meant to release new albums every year to keep your interest even if it effects the quality of the music? Isn’t that the thing you and a bunch of others had issues with the Cali era? Quality over quantity? They’re working on n

Curious as to why you’re okay with Tom/Ava not releasing anything during 2020 yet when blink doesn’t it’s bad? 

I think I worded it wrong, not that 2020 is the reason my interest died. It was already on life support after nine. Any inactivity was just going to make me no longer want to listen to the band. After roughly the last 20 years of my life of listening to blink-182 non stop, last year was the first year I just didn’t listen to the band almost at all old or new music. Some of its I’m in my mid to late 20 I’ve grown out of their music, and most of it is my opinion of complete misdirection of the band since 2015.

As to Tom I barely listen to AVA anymore. I’m still excited for his first album in 7 years. It’s hard not to be. We’re nearing the distance from untitled to neighborhoods with him, except between those two we still got side project albums and major activity in music during that time from Tom. This period of just not really even doing music from Tom is the first time in my life there hasn’t been new music from him every two years. Tom as a person (i.e. his business ventures and just life philosophy, aliens what not) I no longer have any interest in, but that ship sailed years ago. I’m just not interested in the blink cinematic universe anymore other than toms new music just because. Sad day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, NotNow said:

I think I worded it wrong, not that 2020 is the reason my interest died. It was already on life support after nine. Any inactivity was just going to make me no longer want to listen to the band. After roughly the last 20 years of my life of listening to blink-182 non stop, last year was the first year I just didn’t listen to the band almost at all old or new music. Some of its I’m in my mid to late 20 I’ve grown out of their music, and most of it is my opinion of complete misdirection of the band since 2015.

As to Tom I barely listen to AVA anymore. I’m still excited for his first album in 7 years. It’s hard not to be. We’re nearing the distance from untitled to neighborhoods with him, except between those two we still got side project albums and major activity in music during that time from Tom. This period of just not really even doing music from Tom is the first time in my life there hasn’t been new music from him every two years. Tom as a person (i.e. his business ventures and just life philosophy, aliens what not) I no longer have any interest in, but that ship sailed years ago. I’m just not interested in the blink cinematic universe anymore other than toms new music just because. Sad day.

Yeah I'm basically in the same place. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah I'm basically in the same place. 

Yeah same here. Ever since We don’t need to whisper Got released I’ve became more of an AVA fan than blink fan, although blink will always be nostalgic for me. These days though I rarely listen to anything blink related unless it comes on on shuffle or something new drops.

With that said, Suburban Kings came on a shuffle playlist today in the car and it was definitely jamming

Chad from NFG uploaded a New video of Pathetic live at Warped Tour 97 he caught on tape. Its on his Insta, hes gonna upload some of his videos he captured at the time on it. Most likely from other Warped Tour bands, and some blink

Link to The vid, i uploaded it on YT: 

• Love 2

7 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Man, Pathetic should still be a staple of their live set. It's the perfect back-and-forth between Mark and Tom. Have they ever played it with Matt?

Not from what i know. They have played M+Ms tho which is widely known

2 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I don't think Skiba knows how to play that song accurately. Plus, there's simply no room in the setlist even when Tom comes back. The band will insist on playing Love is Dangerous or Up All Night. I guess Mark thinks people will ask for refunds if those "great" songs were removed

... did they ever play love is dangerous live?