The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Idk how people know which one is which. Or why they care. Or why they're famous. I don't hate them, i don't know anything about them to hate them, I just always see people talking about them and there really doesn't seem to be any decent reason why. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Does anyone know what is said in the background of the Not Now intro before the guitar kicks in? I just noticed the voices on my new headphones.

“California is a 10/10 album, John feldmann is a god.”

that’s what I heard anyways. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Does anyone know what is said in the background of the Not Now intro before the guitar kicks in? I just noticed the voices on my new headphones.

You know, I feel like this has been answered before ... let me see if I can find something. 

14 hours ago, Kay said:

Idk how people know which one is which. Or why they care. Or why they're famous. I don't hate them, i don't know anything about them to hate them, I just always see people talking about them and there really doesn't seem to be any decent reason why. 

This is quite the edgelord angle

30 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The most famous people in the entire world? Pah, never heard of em.

Must be bimbos.

They are bimbos. What great work did they do to become famous? The mother married rich famous people and the eldest daughter made a sex tape. How lovely!

• Like 2

@Tom Bot- I can’t answer your q on Not Now but :

this performance is incredible. Idgaf, Tom sounds partially ropey here but his inflections make this, the ambience, his guitar still sounds meaty, fuck - it’s like for a brief moment in the reunion he truly realised the significance of blink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

Yes I have. I when you determine you don’t like an artist, do you go make sure you listen to every single song they ever made? 

If I was going to carve out an online persona based on hating a particular artist I'd probably give at least a few songs a listen?

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If I was going to carve out an online persona based on hating a particular artist I'd probably give at least a few songs a listen?

I’ve listened to a few. They’re all corny af. And my persona has nothing to do with that fool. If that’s how you think of me I’m fine with that, but that’s on you, not me. 

6 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

@Tom Bot- I can’t answer your q on Not Now but :

this performance is incredible. Idgaf, Tom sounds partially ropey here but his inflections make this, the ambience, his guitar still sounds meaty, fuck - it’s like for a brief moment in the reunion he truly realised the significance of blink.

Jesus Christ, listen to those vocals. “Ropey” isn’t the proper description. It’s very sad that this is what passes as a good performance in some of your minds 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Jesus Christ, listen to those vocals. “Ropey” isn’t the proper description. It’s very sad that this is what passes as a good performance in some of your minds 

yeah the vocals are absolute trash -3/10 but his guitar does sound better than normal.  I wonder if they were using backing tracks or something.

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

yeah the vocals are absolute trash -3/10 but his guitar does sound better than normal.  I wonder if they were using backing tracks or something.

Yea I was wondering the same! Only way to enjoy these shows was to be there and be so drunk you don’t notice how bad the vocals were. Intolerable to watch on YouTube lol

10 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

He does sound like a dying horse at times, but that’s never why I was into blink the first place. Why’s it sad? There’s more criteria than perfect vocals that determine a performance, especially a blink performance. Guy’s clearly infusing it with emotion, he’s conveyed the meaning of the song in a live setting- I’m sure many of the people there felt that too