The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I got on it and it's just a stream of people talking wank a mile a minute and sometimes Mark responds to some of it. I do not have the patience to sift through that shit on the reg, God bless people like Ry. 

this is how i imagined it. happy for those who want to spend their days doing that in hopes of having brief exchanges with the guy but i'll gladly read the cliff notes on here. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, daveyjones said:

that has not been my experience at all. i avoid #general-english which is just children complaining about their homework and endless emojis. in #music-musicians there are serious gear nerd discussions. good stuff in #blink-182 and of course #jake's-dojo. 

but the real place to be is in the #twitch-subscribers channel, which can only be accessed if you subscribe to mark on twitch (meaning you donate $5 a month to CHLA or have a sub free through amazon prime) and link your twitch and discord accounts.

mark is a real sweetheart on there. i even got this in my mailbox.

mark-card.jpg

reveal content

On 2/20/2021 at 2:58 AM, daveyjones said:

that has not been my experience at all. i avoid #general-english which is just children complaining about their homework and endless emojis. in #music-musicians there are serious gear nerd discussions. good stuff in #blink-182 and of course #jake's-dojo. 

but the real place to be is in the #twitch-subscribers channel, which can only be accessed if you subscribe to mark on twitch (meaning you donate $5 a month to CHLA or have a sub free through amazon prime) and link your twitch and discord accounts.

mark is a real sweetheart on there. i even got this in my mailbox.

mark-card.jpg

He write you a letter? Thats soo cool!

16 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

You managed to have a chat about those times have you? 

yes, like i said we chat on there quite a bit. he called me out on his NYE stream as "a fan who's been there since the beginning." it was kinda nice. we mostly talk gear nerding. and about my job IRL. and disneyland. lots of disneyland.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, daveyjones said:

yes, like i said we chat on there quite a bit. he called me out on his NYE stream as "a fan who's been there since the beginning." it was kinda nice. we mostly talk gear nerding. and about my job IRL. and disneyland. lots of disneyland.

Thats well cool, must of been so great after all these years for him to recognise you still!

Thats why i dont get the mark hate, he seems like the most down to earth guy out of the band, a family man and always makes time for his fans...

• Love 1

9 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

Thats well cool, must of been so great after all these years for him to recognise you still!

Thats why i dont get the mark hate, he seems like the most down to earth guy out of the band, a family man and always makes time for his fans...

yup, that's him pretty much. just a very nice man. i hadn't spoken to him since 1998. and now that we're both middle-aged dudes it's just casual chatting. i probably geek out too much about gear, but he is always gracious with mine and other's nerdy questions if he knows the answer.

was there ever mark hate? there are 1,000 reasons to think tom is a silly person. but mark? huh.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, daveyjones said:

yup, that's him pretty much. just a very nice man. i hadn't spoken to him since 1998. and now that we're both middle-aged dudes it's just casual chatting. i probably geek out too much about gear, but he is always gracious with mine and other's nerdy questions if he knows the answer.

was there ever mark hate? there are 1,000 reasons to think tom is a silly person. but mark? huh.

I don't know, I always just got the impression he could be a real prick if he wanted to be. I never got that feeling with Tom.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spee-doh said:

I wonder what else I didn't know I wasn't a fan of?

Dude when you first showed up to these boards you bragged that you weren't a blink fan and just liked the community lol. Has something changed? Did you really like Nine or something? That would be cool and all, but news to me

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Dude when you first showed up to these boards you bragged that you weren't a blink fan and just liked the community lol. Has something changed? Did you really like Nine or something? That would be cool and all, but news to me

I'm going to ask you to find that post.

I believe what I said was I don't listen to them much anymore and I don't. It doesn't mean, I'm not a fan.

You know, the world is full of color, I think you'd enjoy it.

Nine was miles better than California and I liked it quite a bit ... as I've said multiple times. It had some duds but it was all around a solid effort.