The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Just now, Tricky Dick Nixon said:

Back pedal!

He literally texted me saying you were begging to be mod again via PM(which is like the 3rd time), we had a laugh, I hadn't thought about it again until today.  

Yikes dude.  You could have just told me to fuck off or something after my jab, but instead you melted down and demonstrated why you shouldn't be mod, should that issue come up.

The board is safe until your next attempted power-grab in three months or so.

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

He literally texted me saying you were begging to be mod again via PM(which is like the 3rd time), we had a laugh, I hadn't thought about it again until today.  

Yikes dude.  You could have just told me to fuck off or something after my jab, but instead you melted down and demonstrated why you shouldn't be mod, should that issue come up.

The board is safe until your next attempted power-grab in three months or so.

Yikes!

1 hour ago, Gaslit Jan said:

I know my name changes have bothered some (*cough* Coight *cough*) but I can confidentially say they're a tier above Speedo's.  They always pertain to the boards in some way, because I care, give me mod plz.

Lol what? What a weird thing to make up.

I honestly think we've got more mods than we need, but I imagine Speedos gripe comes more from losing it then wanting it originally. Its human nature to want something back if its been taken from you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I honestly think we've got more mods than we need, but I imagine Speedos gripe comes more from losing it then wanting it originally. Its human nature to want something back if its been taken from you. 

Yes. But also, what I said in response to Nasa.

23 minutes ago, Tricky Dick Nixon said:

Because I see it as a show of commitment to this place and it is important to me. It's probably ridiculous to some or most but that's how I feel. I was elated when Aria gave it to me and, while I understood the reasons for it to be taken by Ghent, I was bummed when it was gone. It's just a personal thing, I don't even want the moderation power, I just want the title. I'm aware of my faults but I think some credit should be given, I do put effort into this place and do give a shit about it and spent a fuck load of time helping Aria and Oliver build shit to make the board better for everyone ... even if Aria never followed through on anything. 

1Jj9.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Tricky Dick Nixon said:

Because I see it as a show of commitment to this place and it is important to me. It's probably ridiculous to some or most but that's how I feel. I was elated when Aria gave it to me and, while I understood the reasons for it to be taken by Ghent, I was bummed when it was gone. It's just a personal thing, I don't even want the moderation power, I just want the title. I'm aware of my faults but I think some credit should be given, I do put effort into this place and do give a shit about it and spent a fuck load of time helping Aria and Oliver build shit to make the board better for everyone ... even if Aria never followed through on anything. 

personally i just question your motivations a bit. at least since i've been posting, being a mod doesn't afford you any special status around here, since the mods are pretty hands-off anyway and don't use their power to elevate themselves above others, as far as i've noticed. so for someone to want to be a mod uniquely because of its "status" kinda reeks of AD days, from what i've read of the threads in the HoF. so who would this "status" serve besides yourself? wouldn't your motivation not be in the interest of the community?

the other thing that comes to mind for me is what happened a few months ago in the mental health thread, when a user was trying to vent and you said something along the lines of "i'll have to ask you to stop treating this thread like Facebook" or something. i know you recognized it was hurtful and apologized, but that's an example of a situation in which you weren't a mod but chose to act like one anyway. you have definitely changed since your early days here. but if an example like that—which is pretty community-involved—happened as recently as several months ago, i am not too sure i would trust you to do a good job as mod if you were to get your powers back. i don't think you have bad intentions, it's more the execution i'd wonder about.

Sometimes I get sad that all the big conversations happen while I’m busy working/time zone issues and I miss out. Then there is other times I catch up on 3-5 pages and it’s just people whinging about mod status and I think maybe it isn’t so bad.

It’s especially boring when it’s plainly obvious Coight would be the next mod anyway. Reasons being:

1) super cute

2) absolute sick cunt

3) already sent @Ghent nudes

It’s days away I can feel It.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Nasa said:

personally i just question your motivations a bit. at least since i've been posting, being a mod doesn't afford you any special status around here, since the mods are pretty hands-off anyway and don't use their power to elevate themselves above others, as far as i've noticed. so for someone to want to be a mod uniquely because of its "status" kinda reeks of AD days, from what i've read of the threads in the HoF. so who would this "status" serve besides yourself? wouldn't your motivation not be in the interest of the community?

the other thing that comes to mind for me is what happened a few months ago in the mental health thread, when a user was trying to vent and you said something along the lines of "i'll have to ask you to stop treating this thread like Facebook" or something. i know you recognized it was hurtful and apologized, but that's an example of a situation in which you weren't a mod but chose to act like one anyway. you have definitely changed since your early days here. but if an example like that—which is pretty community-involved—happened as recently as several months ago, i am not too sure i would trust you to do a good job as mod if you were to get your powers back. i don't think you have bad intentions, it's more the execution i'd wonder about.

You asked and I answered. 

The users on this website at this point are like 20 people that have been on here for 10+ years. Everyone knows who everyone is and everyone is pretty equal and everyone has been visiting this site every day for years. What is the point of giving you distinction? This isn’t an old band forum with hundreds of unique people visiting a day where there’s benefits in distinguishing frequent posters and not every user is known. It’s basically just a small social group at this point with the very occasional newbie.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Speedo was a mod?!

giphy.gif

Yes, not publicly. Ari made me one when we were trying to set a bunch of shit up for the board ... a main page, a timeline, a discography. I also set up the board Twitter account and Facebook page ... its been a while though and I can't remember if it's the same account you use today or if it was a separate one. I remember there being an issue with either Twitter or Factbook and having to create a new one for the board 'cause we couldn't get into one of them that existed before Ari took over. There was supposed to be a podcast as well ... Ari ghosted though and left all the projects unfinished, included the the giant discography I spent forever working on. The timeline stayed in its own thread and you eventually took over the Twitter. I still have the main page mock ups somewhere on an old hard drive. Ask Ghent ... Ari has a habit of not finishing shit.

16 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Of course that idiot Aria made him a mod. Doesn't surprise me one bit. The old school mods/admins from this place suck. Anyone who chooses someone like Speedo (or Jan hypothetically) for a mod has poor judgment. No offense!

Agreed, you're still around.