The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

18 minutes ago, Poster Formerly Known As.. said:

Courtney Love doesn't even know who I am, I doubt she'd murder me and frame it as a suicide!

Also, it's not prestige, I couldn't care less what the masses thought. I love this place and I see it as being a part of something that I enjoy, rather than just another user. It isn't power, it isn't respect, it isn't anything like that. If I wanted power and respect, a dying medium wouldn't be how I go about getting it. I already own a message board and I'm starting another with Oliver. There's no glamor or power in any of it, there's no intrinsic value to be had. It's a community of armchair lords picking on each other. Yes, I'd like my title back but admittedly, it's silly and only important to me.

If it's not prestige, then why care about the title? 

If you care about this place, then keep posting and contributing. That's all that matters; that's what keeps this place going. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

If it's not prestige, then why care about the title? 

If you care about this place, then keep posting and contributing. That's all that matters; that's what keeps this place going. 

You ever want stupid shit for stupid reasons?

This is being blown up into a way bigger deal than it actually was ... I used to be a mod, it went away and I never argued it or even broached the subject with Ghent again after that; more than two years went by and I decided a month ago I would ask for it back, via the message I posted. Ghent never responded, didn't give any indication that he even read it and I didn't bring it up or bother him about it, nor did I worry about it until JarJar brought it up today. That's when it turned into this whole thing where I felt like I had to explain myself because now I'm being accused of being power hungry and all this shit. It isn't anything like that ... its been more than two years since its been gone, I brought it up to Ghent one time, privately, a month ago and it was never spoken of by me again either publicly or privately.

What am I supposed to do? It wasn't and still isn't a big deal to me even now ... it wasn't until it was made into a big deal by someone who shouldn't have even been involved that I even talked about it. Am I not supposed to defend myself or my intentions?

There's no winning. I didn't bring any of this up ... I didn't even start the bullshit in the thread  today. That was Ghent and JarJar ... I passively responded through their attacks until JarJar brought up a conversation I assumed was private with Ghent. I was wrong in that assumption and I look like an idiot for it but, hey, I learned the lesson. It really isn't as dire as you think.

54 minutes ago, Poster Formerly Known As.. said:

You ever want stupid shit for stupid reasons?

This is being blown up into a way bigger deal than it actually was ... I used to be a mod, it went away and I never argued it or even broached the subject with Ghent again after that; more than two years went by and I decided a month ago I would ask for it back, via the message I posted. Ghent never responded, didn't give any indication that he even read it and I didn't bring it up or bother him about it, nor did I worry about it until JarJar brought it up today. That's when it turned into this whole thing where I felt like I had to explain myself because now I'm being accused of being power hungry and all this shit. It isn't anything like that ... its been more than two years since its been gone, I brought it up to Ghent one time, privately, a month ago and it was never spoken of by me again either publicly or privately.

What am I supposed to do? It wasn't and still isn't a big deal to me even now ... it wasn't until it was made into a big deal by someone who shouldn't have even been involved that I even talked about it. Am I not supposed to defend myself or my intentions?

There's no winning. I didn't bring any of this up ... I didn't even start the bullshit in the thread  today. That was Ghent and JarJar ... I passively responded through their attacks until JarJar brought up a conversation I assumed was private with Ghent. I was wrong in that assumption and I look like an idiot for it but, hey, I learned the lesson. It really isn't as dire as you think.

tl;dr, you didn't answer my question. Sounds like you want it based on prestige or some reason that is virtually the same 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poster Formerly Known As.. said:

Like, maybe that person would edit other people's accounts, sabotage ratings on an app a member had made, text someone's girlfriend and blame it on another member, ban someone and photoshop text messages claiming they threatened them, send users a buttplug with an ex users face on it, single out members to bully until they leave ... that kind of stuff? Yeah, that could definitely be bad ... we don't want those kind of people in charge here ...

who did this? i feel like even though i've been here over five years i don't know any of the drama and backstory of this place!

in any case, if your reply is "people have made the wrong people mods here before" that doesn't address my point. i can shrug and agree with you and sort of say "well, that's life. plenty of mistakes made." my point stands: the people who are the best internet admins tend to be those who have no real interest in the job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Poster Formerly Known As.. said:

Like, maybe that person would edit other people's accounts, sabotage ratings on an app a member had made, text someone's girlfriend and blame it on another member, ban someone and photoshop text messages claiming they threatened them, send users a buttplug with an ex users face on it, single out members to bully until they leave ... that kind of stuff? Yeah, that could definitely be bad ... we don't want those kind of people in charge here ...

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Unofficial Mod - Jan said:

Maybe it was just Scott, thought you were aggressively coming at me because I kept changing my name to variations of Matt Skiba sucks but it could have just been Scott.

No idea what you’re talking about but yeah it was probably me on my period 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

That gif always cracks me up, doesn't even matter what the post is that it's supposed to respond to. So funny

Hahaha, Tom stole the show as Boomer. Could easily be a character in a Will Ferrell movie 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Poster Formerly Known As.. said:

Like, maybe that person would edit other people's accounts

This is only done with the community's best interests in mind.

sabotage ratings on an app a member had made

Unclear who actually left the 1-star review. As far as I know, there's certainly no proof it was a mod or admin.

text someone's girlfriend and blame it on another member

The only person who we know for sure contacted Clarke's girlfriend was... you. We still don't know for sure if the original message is real and, if it is real, we certainly don't know who sent it.

ban someone and photoshop text messages claiming they threatened them

Can't remember what you're referring to.

send users a buttplug with an ex users face on it

You're the only one who received a butt plug and it was supposed to be a gift. Don't be an ingrate.

single out members to bully until they leave

If you truly believe this should disqualify someone from being a mod then...

congratulations-you-played-yourself.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2

7 minutes ago, Depf said:

1200px-Mafia_family_structure_tree.en.sv

It worked for the Romans, it worked for @_Bagel.

More important than any one man's individuality is a sense of belonging, and hence order.

Now I'm not saying I want bagel to be Napoleon exactly. But you know,like Napoleon 

People crave structure, they crave order and the warmth of a family. Now, the fundamental question is: 'will I be as effective as a mod like Speedo was? ' And I will be, even more so.....but until I am, it's gonna be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective...

The only problem is, @Ghent, our friend with the stomach - he doesn't know who we are. We have to make ourselves known. Maybe crash a group PM, or high-jack a confessions thread? Are you in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Depf said:

I hear ya Tone.

I won't be treated by the man in the iron mask like our friend speedo did. god rest his soul. Reading that slander on the piscadoo only for his big heart to give out, the poor prick

I say we decapitate the redundant upper management that skim half the kickup.

Form a couple o crews, crack some fucking heads.

I'm sure we'll do good business with the gear nerd crew under davey, he got my blessing. The stamp collectors shall earn as long as they don't step on any toes. bless their souls.

Still, I feel that any of ry's findings are fruits of a tree we share. Maybe talk to him and sort it out T.

It'll be swell

When you're right...you're right, Paulie.

I agree, we gotta cutta the head of the snake clean off. We'll avenge our friend Speedo,  it's like serving cold cuts. Guy had fucking kids, whaddya gonna do...

You're right, Davey's a solid earner. He brought a lot of traction to this scene, he's respected down in Poway, God forbid I ever talk about amps and pick ups wid him tho. I'll leave that to you.  The others, as long as they keep collecting, they won't hear a peep from me - I've got space in my scrapbook for them.

I'll make arrangements, our friend with the pod - we need to be in on that, I'm talking the ground floor. He needs to break away from Nine though, it's bad for business.

What about the Aussie, where does he sit in all this? He got his button didn't he? 

• Haha 1

I loved when he said he talked to Apple customer service and they wouldn't tell him who left the 1 star reviews, but that they ALL came from Kansas

That totally sounds like a real conversation!

I remember one of the 1 stars was left from SurfBro under his real name, when he was only lurking the boards at the time

• Haha 2