The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

21 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

NH has not aged particularly well to me, though I have a soft spot for it given the memories of my favorite band being back. 

That being said, I’ll take Cali/NINE over it all day. 

Neighborhoods aged SO well to me, there's nothing more raw and uncut for blinks catalogue outside their earliest days with Cheshire/Dude Ranch. 

I actually am in a different boat than most people for neighborhoods, I didn't love it when it first came out because my expectations were so sky high. I still listened to it every day, but it was a bit depressing and missing something (them all on the same page).  Once you get past that and part of growing up it's truly a great album to listen to.  

I don't think it was momentum for anything either. I think Tom knew this was his last go around at this, and Mark was beaten from it all, so it was sort of a send off, one last time for old times sake.

I think Tom is too much in his head to ever do at ease music again, especially with blink. Rebel Girl, surprisingly, was the first thing in a while that made me feel like old Tom was back for a second.

• Like 3

Neighborhoods is like the fucked up cousin you can't help but love. It's not the strongest album but it's special in its own way. 

Still beats the shit out of Cali and Nine. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

5 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I think Neighborhoods was a good stepping stone towards something great. I think the direction Dogs Eating Dogs took was even more exciting. I couldn't wait to hear the music they were gonna make after listening to that EP. Sadly, that momentum was killed and whatever direction they would have gone with Tom was completely abandoned with California.

I am really happy with NINE though. I'm glad that we're guaranteed to be getting at least one more album with Matt. Ultimately I want Tom back, but I do want more Matt first.

Get out of my head! 

9 minutes ago, Yang Gun Kelly said:

I know they're very subtle, but I feel like Wishing Well, Kaleidoscope, This Is Home are some of the best bridge moments.

Even After Midnight, Natives, LID... Just kind of nice instrumental breaks, whether you want to call it lazy or not.

The "ahhhhhhh" snake charmer one I quite like. 

• Like 5

The one bridge I do love on Neighborhoods is the one from Ghost on the Dance Floor. It's the mixing on that song that ruins it though. The way it's mixed just makes it sound like random loud noises. The chorus also sounds really bad. Can't hear the guitar at all.

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 3:41 AM, Kay said:

Neighborhoods is like the fucked up cousin you can't help but love. It's not the strongest album but it's special in its own way. 

Still beats the shit out of Cali and Nine. 

It had a lot of potential. All they needed was to fix up the bridges a bit and scrap some of the Mark solo songs in favour of songs where they collaborated. Take the best songs of Neighborhoods and DED with better bridges and you have what NH should have been.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, andyscott182 said:

Y’all think with all these blink pics Mark, Tom, And Travis have been posting that it makes Matt uncomfortable? 

I'm pretty sure he knows that Tom was there from the beginning to their peak and is fine with them celebrating and reminiscing about the glory days.

• Like 2