The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

fuck legacy. if blink released the literal worst album ever made in human history it wouldn't change their other great albums. people worry too much about legacy for no reason, it's pointless. this is the main argument I hear against Tom making a new Box Car record. "It would tarnish the legacy!" Who cares, it wouldn't ruin the first album. Not making anything new because it might hurt the legacy of something is dumb and I'd rather get new content even if it's not as good as what came before. That's why I'm happy we're still getting blink music without Tom DeLonge.

I mean, that's debatable.  If Pulp Fiction had a sequel it wouldn't stand out as much.  If another director made a sequel to it you'd think it's pointless, milking it, less of that artist.  If Tarantino made a Pulp Fiction it would high and likely be worse, and you'd think slightly less of the artist.

Sometimes things are left better untouched.  However, I don't think Boxcar would be forced in anyway, so I'm all for it, even though the sound would be different. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

I mean, that's debatable.  If Pulp Fiction had a sequel it wouldn't stand out as much.  If another director made a sequel to it you'd think it's pointless, milking it, less of that artist.  If Tarantino made a Pulp Fiction it would high and likely be worse, and you'd think slightly less of the artist.

Sometimes things are left better untouched.  However, I don't think Boxcar would be forced in anyway, so I'm all for it, even though the sound would be different. 

Why would you think less of the artist? Just because you don’t like that said artists newer creations doesn’t mean that other people isn’t.

Edited by twentytwenty

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Why would you think less of the artist? Just because you don’t like that said artists newer creations doesn’t mean that other people isn’t.

Jan just makes shit up, don't worry about it.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Idk, because I don't live in a bubble.  if someone's going to make some garbage ass remake, I'm not going to pretend to like it if it sucks.

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

What do you mean that you don’t live in a bubble? What does that have anything to do with it?

Jan thinks her opinion is the only one that matters and if she doesn’t like it then it’s bad and everybody that likes it is wrong and lies about liking it.

It’s just Jan’s misguided ego.

42 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

What do you mean that you don’t live in a bubble? What does that have anything to do with it?

People who pretend that they love unnecessary sequels live in a bubble and don't want to admit that we've run out of material and peaked as a society.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

People who pretend that they love unnecessary sequels live in a bubble and don't want to admit that we've run out of material and peaked as a society.

Why do you keep using "bubble". Have you always latched on to terms like this? You tend to find a phrase or word or colloquialism "of the week" and use it every chance you get. Is this something you've always done? 

57 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Idk, because I don't live in a bubble.  if someone's going to make some garbage ass remake, I'm not going to pretend to like it if it sucks.

I’m not saying you have to like every new thing. I’m saying that if a new thing is bad it doesn’t have any effect on how good the old thing is.

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’m not saying you have to like every new thing. I’m saying that if a new thing is bad it doesn’t have any effect on how good the old thing is.

I think it depends on the fan.  Sometimes it can hinder the past if it gets ugly enough or reveals too much formula.  Blink almost changed my perspective of Mark & Travis entirely with this California shit era but I've been able to separate it entirely as a different band and times of their lives.  Every artist is going to have their peak and their later career that is going to be different, unless they die (Nirvana, 2Pac), which isn't cool.

35 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Why would people pretend to like something though? Don’t you think they just like it if they say they do? 

Do you believe that just because you don’t like something others have to share your views?

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don't buy the legacy argument, Green Day has put out garbage since Nimrod IMO and it doesn't change my mind on their older material or legacy at all. 15 crappy Jason movies aren't moving the needle on my thoughts of Friday the 13th. Coca-Cola trying a new flavor isn't ruining their classic drink. You get the point, what's great is great and stays that way. There is nothing to lose, and everything to gain. 

To each their own, you know there's plenty on both sides here

6 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Why would people pretend to like something though? Don’t you think they just like it if they say they do? 

Do you believe that just because you don’t like something others have to share your views?

Because people live in denial and don't want to be negative. You're expectations are undoubtedly high and it's hard to see them crushed. Just look at the current era of star wars, you know how many people pretended to like that utter shit and then finally came out and said it's trash after the finale and years later from force awakens?

People definitely don't have to have the same views as me, my views are usually different, but people who like current blink california era or recent star wars are in denial

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

People definitely don't have to have the same views as me, my views are usually different, but people who like current blink california era or recent star wars are in denial

By saying this you do confirm that you think that anyone that doesn’t share your views are in the wrong and “in denial”.

Why is it that you don’t think that everyone has the right to their own opinion?