The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 3/22/2021 at 5:36 PM, Patient #48273 said:

So, I was watching Veronica Mars and the Transplants were mentioned. The kid who was supposed to be a fan was a face painter of some kind... I can't tell if he was a Kiss fan or a juggalo. Maybe both.

d1HMQK1.png

I’m like 7-8 episodes in and I’ll keep an eye out for this, lol

• Like 1

The less said about California, the better. That album is an embarrassing pile of turd outside of like 2-3 tracks. Nine has about 3-4 dodgy songs but the rest of the album stomps California out of the water. It actually sounds like a blink album. Surprised Nine hasn't gotten more love from these boards. I'm a big fan of it. It's as good as Neighborhoods IMO.

5 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

The less said about California, the better. That album is an embarrassing pile of turd outside of like 2-3 tracks. Nine has about 3-4 dodgy songs but the rest of the album stomps California out of the water. It actually sounds like a blink album. Surprised Nine hasn't gotten more love from these boards. I'm a big fan of it. It's as good as Neighborhoods IMO.

Honestly, there's probably 3 main reasons behind it that made it arguably worse than Cali for me. 

1. Cali ruined me, I was so fed up with their bullshit at that point it would take a +44 level album to fix my outlook on them (which they are plenty capable of to further add annoyance)

2. The dodgy songs ARE SO DODGY.  They're not just bad, they're incredibly bad, that they hinder your perspective a bit altogether.  I'm looking at you Blame It On My Youth, Black Rain, Happy Days..  While I love stuff like First Time, Run Away, Ransom, it was hard when it sandwiched between that.

3. The singles they lead with, co-writing teams, and Darkside video.  They just completely lost me with the Blame It On My Youth lead single and then the announcement that they are using outside songwriting teams to distribute songs, cherry on top with the Darkside video dancing around a playground with a bunch of kids was so bad it's hard to fathom.  It's like what's worse, all that or Feldmann's grasp on California, at the end of the day, we all want blink writing blink stuff that we like them for (from heyday Enema stuff, to post-prime Neighborhoods stuff)

I honestly can't say it's better than Cali.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Honestly, there's probably 3 main reasons behind it that made it arguably worse than Cali for me. 

1. Cali ruined me, I was so fed up with their bullshit at that point it would take a +44 level album to fix my outlook on them (which they are plenty capable of to further add annoyance)

2. The dodgy songs ARE SO DODGY.  They're not just bad, they're incredibly bad, that they hinder your perspective a bit altogether.  I'm looking at you Blame It On My Youth, Black Rain, Happy Days..  While I love stuff like First Time, Run Away, Ransom, it was hard when it sandwiched between that.

3. The singles they lead with, co-writing teams, and Darkside video.  They just completely lost me with the Blame It On My Youth lead single and then the announcement that they are using outside songwriting teams to distribute songs, cherry on top with the Darkside video dancing around a playground with a bunch of kids was so bad it's hard to fathom.  It's like what's worse, all that or Feldmann's grasp on California, at the end of the day, we all want blink writing blink stuff that we like them for (from heyday Enema stuff, to post-prime Neighborhoods stuff)

That's true about the dodgy songs although for me Black Rain wasn't one of them haha. Happy Days is bloody terrible. I think California is full of songs like that. Neighborhoods has some dodgy songs but none of them are terrible, so that's why I'll always prefer Neighborhoods over California.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

That's true about the dodgy songs although for me Black Rain wasn't one of them haha. Happy Days is bloody terrible. I think California is full of songs like that. Neighborhoods has some dodgy songs but none of them are terrible, so that's why I'll always prefer Neighborhoods over California.

Black Rain is awesome.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

I have thrown away the singles and changed the track order and that did it for me. Love it

8 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I have thrown away the singles and changed the track order and that did it for me. Love it

This is what I've done with California & Nine too.

1. First Time
2. Heaven
3. I Really Wish I Hated You
4. Los Angeles
5. Black Rain
6. Generational Divide
7. No Heart To Speak Of
8. Darkside
9. Bottom of the Ocean
10. Long Lost Feeling
11. San Diego
12. Remember to Forget Me
(BONUS) It's All Fading to Black feat. XXXTentacion

Then I've got a playlist that's more like an EP

1. Blame It On My Youth
2. Quarantine
3. Pin the Grenade
4. Run Away
5. Ransom
6. Hungover You
7. On Some Emo Shit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nosferatu said:

This is what I've done with California & Nine too.

1. First Time
2. Heaven
3. I Really Wish I Hated You
4. Los Angeles
5. Black Rain
6. Generational Divide
7. No Heart To Speak Of
8. Darkside
9. Bottom of the Ocean
10. Long Lost Feeling
11. San Diego
12. Remember to Forget Me
(BONUS) It's All Fading to Black feat. XXXTentacion

Then I've got a playlist that's more like an EP

1. Blame It On My Youth
2. Quarantine
3. Pin the Grenade
4. Run Away
5. Ransom
6. Hungover You
7. On Some Emo Shit

This is mine, I realized that it's only the first single and that weird half of a song that I didn't like

First Time
No Heart to Speak Of
Run Away
Black Rain
Heaven
Darkside
Happy Days
Pin the Granade
Ransom
On Some Emo Shit
Hungover You
Remember To Forget me
I Really Wish I Hated You

This track order plays so well

• Like 1

Considering it was bigged up to be this serious expression from Mark about depression, and the chorus is just repeating the fucking phrase "I wanna have happy days" is just... Asinine. All the lyrics are cripplingly cliche and simple, the music is dull, the melody is annoying and doesn't suit marks voice well. It's an absolute fail. 

• Like 5
  • Wow 2

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

It's no better than "I think I like today, I think it's good."

Yes. Exactly. Its horrifying when Marks lyrics are as bad as Tom's. 

• Like 1