The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

32 minutes ago, Kay said:

Considering it was bigged up to be this serious expression from Mark about depression, and the chorus is just repeating the fucking phrase "I wanna have happy days" is just... Asinine. All the lyrics are cripplingly cliche and simple, the music is dull, the melody is annoying and doesn't suit marks voice well. It's an absolute fail. 

Don’t even know the lyrics but commit to such a harsh post 😂

I bet you’ve heard the song 0-1 time.

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Don’t even know the lyrics but commit to such a harsh post 😂

I bet you’ve heard the song 0-1 time.

I'm sorry, is it feel instead of have? I get one word wrong and you feel like you've got a "gotcha" moment? Fucking weak. 

I've heard Happy Days about 5 times. People kept hyping it, I kept trying it, it kept sucking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

I'm sorry, is it feel instead of have? I get one word wrong and you feel like you've got a "gotcha" moment? Fucking weak. 

I've heard Happy Days about 5 times. People kept hyping it, I kept trying it, it kept sucking. 

The chorus:

I wanna feel happy days, happy days
Happy days, happy days
Walls of isolation inside of my pain
And I don't know if I'm ready to change
Happy days, happy days
All of this frustration inside of my brain

12 minutes ago, Kay said:

I like the song but I do agree that there is some lost potential there

27 minutes ago, Malcolms Ex said:

The chorus:

Happy days, happy days
Walls of isolation inside of my pain
Happy days, happy days
All of this frustration inside of my brain

Yeah I know there's other lines but the majority of it is just repeating happy days, which was my point. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Considering it was bigged up to be this serious expression from Mark about depression, and the chorus is just repeating the fucking phrase "I wanna have happy days" is just... Asinine. All the lyrics are cripplingly cliche and simple, the music is dull, the melody is annoying and doesn't suit marks voice well. It's an absolute fail. 

solid summation of why the song doesn’t quite work. one applauds mark’s decision to write about his issues, but some of the lyrics are so general they fall flat. it’s also musically pretty uninspired 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Paul Reubens was the last celebrity I saw in person before the dark times. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure 35th Anniversary Tour. Was one of the most fun nights I've had in years lol

Paul Reubens is a national treasure!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah I know there's other lines but the majority of it is just repeating happy days, which was my point. 

The majority of choruses are just repeating the same words. It's the hook.

Its okay to just make things simple. I don't even like the song but there's nothing wrong with the lyrics.

• Like 1

Watching the Camden show from 2004 and the whole concert shows the type of trajectory the band would have gone on, but for the breakup/hiatus in 2004/2005. 

I really enjoyed the experimental riffs during songs like the Rock Show and Stay Together for the Kids. You can clearly hear the beginning of the AvA era in Tom's style, but with Travis involved, it would have been so much better. You can hear the Good Day intro riff around 51 mins. Sucks to suck 

• Like 4

As someone who think lyrics can make or break a song, I dont think its fair to shit on Happy Days because of the chorus. When you look at it in context of the verses, that I think have some clever lines, I think "I wanna feel happy days" actually hits harder than you would initially think. Its honest in a very "in your face"-kind of way, that shows an longing for.. better days, but only works because of the more subdued lyrical content in the verses. Im not even a huge fan of the song, but the chorus is my favourite thing about it. 

43 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i'm not gonna tolerate any hard R bullshit on here.

While I agree that was pretty fucked I’m confused by this sentence. You expect him to be banned or the post deleted just because you don’t like it? Are you in some secret position of power that makes Laura act on what you deem okay? Whether it’s unfortunate or not, the use of hard R’s, the N word or sharing YouTube videos that aren’t illegal or invading someone else’s privacy on here has never been something that’s been really acted upon as far as I know. That’s just how it is.

Everybody had just brushed past that post cause it was Mard and he’s cringe so bringing it back to the latest page wasn’t really necessary just to say you don’t like it. You could’ve just done the same.