The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I never said I "must" keep doing anything, all I did was give my point of view on the matter. If you or Nasa or anyone else don't feel the same, then more power to you. Use the language you are comfortable using. I'm sorry you disagree with me, I'm sure there are other things we share a common ground on, this isn't one of them. However, your disagreement doesn't mean I'm justifying anything or even feel the need to in the first place. My words, my decision and you can feel anyway you want about that. That's why its not a hill I'm dying on, I don't feel any urgency in winning you over. It's simple, there are words that aren't meant for you, don't use them. As for me, well, I'll decide that for myself as well.

Speaking of words, Jan. The other day you claimed I call my children "spics", even though I've said multiple times that it's absolutely absurd. You know damn well, the story you're referring to is my anecdote of my wife calling her self a "bean pod" when she was pregnant. I've corrected you multiple times and yet you keep perpetuating this idea that I go around calling my wife and kids "spics". It seems you really only care about offensive language when it's convenient. 

This is like what the far alt right groups do to convince themselves to keep saying any racist comments just because it's free speech.  It's really not worth all the extra explanation why it's okay to just drop a word from your vocab, it's like explaining to a toddler at this point though, some of us don't want to evolve.  It's like the guy at the grocery store who won't wear a mask because of all these overly complicated thoughts on it, like you're doing with the word retard. I think part of it being so outdated now is because it's not just slinged at between some friends, it's plastered on the internet for someone with a kid with down syndrome to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 120 Years of Senating said:

Speaking of words, Jan. The other day you claimed I call my children "spics", even though I've said multiple times that it's absolutely absurd. You know damn well, the story you're referring to is my anecdote of my wife calling her self a "bean pod" when she was pregnant. I've corrected you multiple times and yet you keep perpetuating this idea that I go around calling my wife and kids "spics". It seems you really only care about offensive language when it's convenient. 

Definitely pulling from a moment you were labeling your kid beaner or something, not this bean pod story, however, I don't really care about this one much I just like to prod you on it.  I call my family or pets fucking assholes all the time there's a difference amongst family slang, sort of

3 hours ago, Jan Nation said:

Definitely pulling from a moment you were labeling your kid beaner or something, not this bean pod story, however, I don't really care about this one much I just like to prod you on it.  I call my family or pets fucking assholes all the time there's a difference amongst family slang, sort of

No, Jan, that didn't happen. This is the third or 4th time I've corrected you, at least have the balls to stand by your convictions. Funny how conveniently that moral pendulum swings for you. Alright, I'm done with this now.

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just bought blink merch for the first time in what feels like forever. Felt good man.

That anime hoodie! It's a weird color to rock but I love it. Shipping to Europe is like 70$, but I'm so tempted to get one before it goes sold out as soon as it's officially on sale. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

That anime hoodie! It's a weird color to rock but I love it. Shipping to Europe is like 70$, but I'm so tempted to get one before it goes sold out as soon as it's officially on sale. 

I just got the t-shirt version. I've always been tempted to buy a bootleg version of the original blink anime girl shirt. This new version isn't quite the same but it's official merch so I'd rather have it than a fake!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I just got the t-shirt version. I've always been tempted to buy a bootleg version of the original blink anime girl shirt. This new version isn't quite the same but it's official merch so I'd rather have it than a fake!

Yeah, I ended up getting the t-shirt because it was cheaper. Maybe at some point they will release a white t-shirt with the blue anime girl, but in case it won't come out, I had to buy this one! 

• Like 2

You know, thinking back, I don't think I've ever owned any Blink merch outside of the free shirt that came with Neighborhoods. I'm not sure why I never had anything, I was fanatical about Blink in my early high school years.