The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Just now, wannabe corn dog said:

i think it's more status-motivated than anything else, which is why i find it lame. travis's options are limitless. he could probably date someone who looks the same without all of the plastic surgery. 

Yeah, Travis has always been about fame and fortune. I'm more surprised that he could pull it off than I am that he tried

I thought Travis's work all the way up until Neighborhoods was awesome but at that point he started over-playing like crazy and it's not even interesting to listen to, despite it being impressive.

and yeah his personality is so dry. people rag on tom for his appearance on joe rogan's podcast but travis's episode was actually worse imo. he couldn't get him to have a conversation about anything. just one word responses and blank stares. 

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

I thought Travis's work all the way up until Neighborhoods was awesome but at that point he started over-playing like crazy and it's not even interesting to listen to, despite it being impressive.

and yeah his personality is so dry. people rag on tom for his appearance on joe rogan's podcast but travis's episode was actually worse imo. he couldn't get him to have a conversation about anything. just one word responses and blank stares. 

True, but on Neighborhoods/DED it kind of was needed, but yeah that point on I've had no interest in his over playing

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

20 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

This is pretty spot on. I like Travis the most out of all the members in Blink in terms of both his talent and personality (he at least seems like a pretty honest and humble guy that has never been an issue for the band except for allegedly wanting money from that musical festival in Australia that he never attended). I've read his book and watched/read pretty much all of his interviews and your post is right on the nose. The fact that you got crabbed by @Ghent is just another example of him conflating valid criticism with hatred/negativity of the band - we saw this all the time right after California was released. Dude needs to learn how to think critically. 

There's really nothing wrong with your take on Travis. He's one of the best drummers in the world/of all time IMO and is an incredibly successful musician, producer, and runs multiple successful businesses. He doesn't need to be Socrates and provide insight, he brings so much else to the table. 

• Like 1