The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Fucking hate Billie Eilish. I don’t get it. Isn’t her brother the talent behind all her songs and she justs fucking whispers her way through them? She can get in the fucking bin. She stinks of an industry plant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I actually heard this version first and then listened to the original out of curiosity and, boy, was it jarring.

I had heard part of the original song but I never listened to the entire thing until after I heard this version. Yeah... I only like the cover haha

3 hours ago, Scott. said:

Fucking hate Billie Eilish. I don’t get it. Isn’t her brother the talent behind all her songs and she justs fucking whispers her way through them? She can get in the fucking bin. She stinks of an industry plant. 

For some reason I hear Liam Gallaghers voice when I read this, and it makes it hella funny 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Scott. said:

she cowrote all the songs on her debut and she's a pretty good singer, Bad Guy isn't too reflective of that.

• Like 1

can't fucking stand 30 year old men hating on a 19year old singer. absolute cringe. 

Billie Eilish is fucking great. Her debut album is absolutely incredible and she is a great live performer.

Of course her brother wrote all the songs with her. he also wrote and released songs by himself. they are nothing in comparison. they just work great as a team. I don't understand why it would be so shocking if a 19 year old pop singer had help writing her album. that would be common practice in the business.

industry plant, lol. get a grip, old angry white man

• Like 5

Grown men bullying a teenage girl is tragic, regardless of the circumstances. I'm not talking about this message board in particular, but the amount of old dudes , some with own daughters/kids, taking their time to put down a teenager online/in public is fucking sad.

i don't say this only happens for billie eilish, but it's especially noticeable with her. 

Co-writer credits are probably sometimes given undeservedly, but I haven't heard that this is the case with Billie Eilish. And frankly, it's a little odd to assume that one sibling has all the songwriting knowledge, ability, etc. and the other one, whose name is going on the album cover, sits around doing nothing during the songwriting process.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dix said:

"Co-wrote" is just another word for "being in the room when the song was written" ... just like Blink "cowrote" Nine.

i've never written a song or worked in the music industry, so i could be completely off the mark here - but i'm guessing there's a range to what "cowrite" means, yeah? you could contribute a lot to a song or only write a lyric or melody part and both still count as cowriting? if that's the case then why assume Eilish has contributed little? a few interviews i've read seem to suggest she's pretty involved.

6 hours ago, Scott. said:

Co-wrote ffs 😂 she probably added a line or a few words. Can’t wait for her to fucking disappear. 

everything ok over there? your animosity toward a teenage girl is weird. but ofc if she dressed / looked gorgeous i'm sure you'd be perving all over her.

2 hours ago, Neal said:

i don't say this only happens for billie eilish, but it's especially noticeable with her. 

grown men hating on teenage girls is a tale as old as time, Billie is just the latest target sadly.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Neal said:

can't fucking stand 30 year old men hating on a 19year old singer. absolute cringe. 

Billie Eilish is fucking great. Her debut album is absolutely incredible and she is a great live performer.

Of course her brother wrote all the songs with her. he also wrote and released songs by himself. they are nothing in comparison. they just work great as a team. I don't understand why it would be so shocking if a 19 year old pop singer had help writing her album. that would be common practice in the business.

industry plant, lol. get a grip, old angry white man

People like to pick apart success.  No matter their age.

13 minutes ago, Nasa said:

grown men hating on teenage girls is a tale as old as time, Billie is just the latest target sadly.

I've never understood the Bieber, Aaron Carter, Billie Eilish, Britney Spears (young), Ryan Sheckler, Dicaprio (young) extreme haters...unless it's like being a parent worrisome of fame ruining them or whatever, it's usually just bitter men wearing jealousy on their sleeve.  Of course teenagers are going to be pranksters/punks/emotional and not as mature as adults..we were that age once too and would act ridiculous if famous too.

It's weird to see that still a thing, I remember how much everyone despised Ryan Sheckler, in every community, when he really was one of the most talented skateboarders, and  genuinely nice kid

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nasa said:

i've never written a song or worked in the music industry, so i could be completely off the mark here - but i'm guessing there's a range to what "cowrite" means, yeah? you could contribute a lot to a song or only write a lyric or melody part and both still count as cowriting? if that's the case then why assume Eilish has contributed little? a few interviews i've read seem to suggest she's pretty involved.

I'm sure she is and even if she isn't, who cares? I was just fucking around. Musicians and music fans have this odd sense of pride when it comes to music, as if writing something by themselves means anything. She could have had 40 co-writers for all I care, what matters is whether or not the song is good. If you enjoy it then who gives a fuck how it was made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebel Girls United said:

I've never understood the Bieber, Aaron Carter, Billie Eilish, Britney Spears (young), Ryan Sheckler, Dicaprio (young) extreme haters...unless it's like being a parent worrisome of fame ruining them or whatever, it's usually just bitter men wearing jealousy on their sleeve.  Of course teenagers are going to be pranksters/punks/emotional and not as mature as adults..we were that age once too and would act ridiculous if famous too.

It's weird to see that still a thing, I remember how much everyone despised Ryan Sheckler, in every community, when he really was one of the most talented skateboarders, and  genuinely nice kid

Lol you are a fool comparing Billie Eilish to Britney Spears and Aaron Carter. At least Billie has real raw talent, those two clowns can’t sing and they’re just horrible. They deserve being hated on. As do you.