The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

39 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Bet the 45+ year olds that were part of that study are the miserable cunts who thought blink were some shit boyband, not realising that blink were actually parodying pop bands and artists at the time.

It’s satire..

• Haha 1

Tbh, I've never even heard of the Hard Times before. I still stand by my opinion that a lot of the older generation have some kind of agenda against blink though. Been a few times I've heard people from 45+ years old put blink in with boybands rather than Green Day or Offspring.

21 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Tbh, I've never even heard of the Hard Times before. I still stand by my opinion that a lot of the older generation have some kind of agenda against blink though. Been a few times I've heard people from 45+ years old put blink in with boybands rather than Green Day or Offspring.

I think they were aware of the satire-ish tone they just were jealous they never had a band like that. Being honest, all blink hates stemmed from jealousy or just hate popularity which they became.  ATST isn't even that poppy it's just catchy and got popular (it definitely has pop elements), if it was an unknown blink song it'd be so much differently looked at.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

It's not an anti-blink joke, it's saying that their prime ended after the untitled album and nothing they've released since would make it onto a Greatest Hits album.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

It's not an anti-blink joke, it's saying that their prime ended after the untitled album and nothing they've released since would make it onto a Greatest Hits album.

Oh yeah, that part I wasn't talking about specifically haha. I do think Bored to Death should be on it since it was quite a successful single but no point in having a new greatest hits album if there's only gonna be one more new song

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yeah Patient, we get it, Nosferatu is doing satire of a reader not knowing satire articles smh.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cavalier Jan said:

I think they were aware of the satire-ish tone they just were jealous they never had a band like that. Being honest, all blink hates stemmed from jealousy or just hate popularity which they became.  ATST isn't even that poppy it's just catchy and got popular (it definitely has pop elements), if it was an unknown blink song it'd be so much differently looked at.

yeah, I agree with this too. You wouldn't believe some of the comments I've heard in bars and pubs over here though if blink were ever mentioned. There was one guy that said "they're not really a real band" and was basically referring to them as a boy band or something haha

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cavalier Jan said:

Lol ATST is poppy as fuck 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

yeah, I agree with this too. You wouldn't believe some of the comments I've heard in bars and pubs over here though if blink were ever mentioned. There was one guy that said "they're not really a real band" and was basically referring to them as a boy band or something haha

Let’s be realistic here. Can’t be mad at people for having that opinion. They pretty much were like a boy band during the enema days, and were certainly marketed by the label as such. Mark and Tom have both openly acknowledged this. 

23 minutes ago, Cavalier Jan said:

100.webp?cid=82a1493bto86htftqeuqjm45yfg

First of all, I don’t have a truck. Second of all, there’s nothing wrong with them. Go tell that to Your lord and Savior Tom, he literally drives F150s and all you do is suck him off over lame and mediocre songs like Rebel Girl. You think feeling this is vintage blink, and claim ATST isn’t poppy. You’re dumb as fuck 

It's not fun to think about but yes, there was a short time when Blink definitely had some kind of label PR pushing them out to cheesy teen pop-culture magazines along with all the boybands and starlets and makeup tips.

This is certainly not where I found out about them, but I'm sure quite a few people did:

3c4684440195a9d0ef1d16272f1bf73d.jpg

s-l400.jpg

ngqaqgbsv9031.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQVa2SslpYLJ_1DGCHJwul

aVlDv1g.jpeg

il_340x270.2322008907_mxkd.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1