The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

Where did he get that title though? Something like A.P I’m guessing?

The Guardian.

It's not a hill I really care to die on - obviously most mainstream media suck and don't have much integrity or accuracy. But it's not really a secret that all of Travis' production and businesses have put him in that conversation. 

If you were going to have some kind of arranged relationship for publicity, there would be about a thousand better options than Travis lol.

If you wanted to make this argument about Kim and Kanye? Sure, I’d listen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghent said:

If you were going to have some kind of arranged relationship for publicity, there would be about a thousand better options than Travis lol.

If you wanted to make this argument about Kim and Kanye? Sure, I’d listen.

All I'm saying is that there have been celebrity relationships faked in the past. The only reason I'd really consider Travis/whatever Kardashian he's dating his because Travis' relationships tend to flame out quickly (Paris Hilton) and the Kardashians seem to be pretty self-absorbed and shallow. I don't think think they actually are faking it, but it definitely doesn't hurt for Travis to have that connection and stay in the limelight moreso now than ever before. 

5 hours ago, daveyjones said:

my sense from his book is that travis actually has fairly deep waters. but he's attracted to superficial hot messes. happens all the time. deep people don't always want other deep people around.

I also read his book and didn't get that impression at all. 

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

I also read his book and didn't get that impression at all. 

ok. i suppose this proves, at long last, that we are not in fact the same person kay.

also, i don't want to confuse thoughtful with intelligent nor sensitive with wise.

• Haha 1

Just now, daveyjones said:

ok. i suppose this proves, at long last, that we are not in fact the same person kay.

Well fuck, now you've shattered the illusion for everyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1

15 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Okay, nocap that’s actually pretty cool. Actually glad Travis cares about the band enough to share with Kourtney and get her excited about it. Also confirms that merch is sick.

Plus ...maybe we’ll get kardashian fans flood this board! Maybe we’ll all get laid !!! 

im ready and waiting for you ladies and gents 

Noooooo!!!! Not you Bagel! You’ve fallen victim to the “nocap” trend. I don’t know why but this trendy word phrase annoys me beyond belief 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, NotNow said:

Tom should have replaced Travis when he had the chance to coup. Maybe things would have turned out different.

You’re a damn fool if you think Travis was ever the problem with blink. He’s been a workhorse for blink always ready to go and promote the band. Can you say the same about Tom? Sheesh!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cum said:

All I'm saying is that there have been celebrity relationships faked in the past. The only reason I'd really consider Travis/whatever Kardashian he's dating his because Travis' relationships tend to flame out quickly (Paris Hilton) and the Kardashians seem to be pretty self-absorbed and shallow. I don't think think they actually are faking it, but it definitely doesn't hurt for Travis to have that connection and stay in the limelight moreso now than ever before. 

Travis was never in a relationship with Paris Hilton though, he was just banging her. I don’t see what you think your point is. Was he ever posting pics of them making lovey dovey posts? Go find em!

4 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

You’re a damn fool if you think Travis was ever the problem with blink. He’s been a workhorse for blink always ready to go and promote the band. Can you say the same about Tom? Sheesh!

Yeah, blaming Travis for anything blink related is super lame. He has always put it first when the other guys wanted to work on it. He respects and appreciates the band

He also brought us John Feldmann ❤️ forever grateful

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ghent said:

Speaking of, pretty cool

image.png

Just saw this elsewhere and wanted to post it too. I don't pay much attention to the women in the blink mens' lives, nor do I care much for the Kardashians, but she scores major points from me right here, as I'm not sure I can ever remember a point where any of the other women in these mens' lives wore blink merch. Like I'm not sure if Kourtney is genuinely a blink fan or just trying to show support for Travis or both, but either way this is a move I totally respect and makes me think she might be really good for Travis. 

12 hours ago, Cum said:

All celebrities are rich and don't need financial help. Doesn't mean they don't make moves to increase their net worth since greed isn't based in logic. I mean I did mention this is entirely based on blind speculation, but reading is hard for some. 

This may be mostly true (there are definitely plenty of celebrities that could use financial help, they aren't all smart with their money) but the idea that any of the Kardashian's need further help with their celebrity status is laughably out of touch. Don't get me wrong, I think the way they made their riches is super lame compared to how Travis made his, but the end result puts them both in a place where neither has to rely on the other for financial support, nor do I think Travis is really doing a lot to make a whole new generation of Keeping Up with the Kardashian fans. I will say that him dating her may actually lead to more Travis and blink fans though.