The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

This may be mostly true (there are definitely plenty of celebrities that could use financial help, they aren't all smart with their money) but the idea that any of the Kardashian's need further help with their celebrity status is laughably out of touch. Don't get me wrong, I think the way they made their riches is super lame compared to how Travis made his, but the end result puts them both in a place where neither has to rely on the other for financial support, nor do I think Travis is really doing a lot to make a whole new generation of Keeping Up with the Kardashian fans. I will say that him dating her may actually lead to more Travis and blink fans though. 

Tom has ALWAYS sang about girls. Since day 1. He’s made tons of comments about it. Hell, on the last AVA tour he gave a whole fucking speech about how he started writing songs about girls to get girls before rolling into his blink/boxcar medley. I have no idea where this whole notion that Tom doesn’t generally sing about girls is coming from. Have to seriously doubt anybody’s credibility who makes a comment like that. 

i find it hard to believe other members' wives/girlfriends never wore blink merch lol. if they didn't, it's because their merch has for the most part been pretty terrible, in my opinion. 

that hoodie is a surprise though because it's a pre-182 design. isn't tom responsible for the early anime designs? i know he didn't personally draw them but i think he put them together. 

8 minutes ago, M!ke said:

This may be mostly true (there are definitely plenty of celebrities that could use financial help, they aren't all smart with their money) but the idea that any of the Kardashian's need further help with their celebrity status is laughably out of touch. Don't get me wrong, I think the way they made their riches is super lame compared to how Travis made his, but the end result puts them both in a place where neither has to rely on the other for financial support, nor do I think Travis is really doing a lot to make a whole new generation of Keeping Up with the Kardashian fans. I will say that him dating her may actually lead to more Travis and blink fans though. 

Her dating Travis and wearing blink shit is definitely good for the band. (if you think exposure and popularity is good, that is)

She has 125 million followers on instagram

They need to release more merch like what she is wearing too btw. it's not something i would wear, but i like the look of it

2 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i find it hard to believe other members' wives/girlfriends never wore blink merch lol. if they didn't, it's because their merch has for the most part been pretty terrible, in my opinion. 

that hoodie is a surprise though because it's a pre-182 design. isn't tom responsible for the early anime designs? i know he didn't personally draw them but i think he put them together. 

Skye is a huge fan. I've definitely seen her in blink shirts and she actively listens to the band.

Jen probably wouldn't be caught dead listening to or wearing blink merch.

The bird? TBD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Texas Toast said:

Noooooo!!!! Not you Bagel! You’ve fallen victim to the “nocap” trend. I don’t know why but this trendy word phrase annoys me beyond belief 

Hahaha. It’s always the ones you least suspect. I use it in jest ....nocap

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wannabe corn dog said:

the fact that her ex husband is over it and marrying someone else should be enough for you, someone who does not know any of these people, to also get over it lol. 

Hadn't heard about Cote getting remarried. That softens the blow

4 hours ago, Texas Toast said:

Tom has ALWAYS sang about girls. Since day 1. He’s made tons of comments about it. Hell, on the last AVA tour he gave a whole fucking speech about how he started writing songs about girls to get girls before rolling into his blink/boxcar medley. I have no idea where this whole notion that Tom doesn’t generally sing about girls is coming from. Have to seriously doubt anybody’s credibility who makes a comment like that. 

The hell are you quoting me about that for? When did I say anything about Tom not singing about girls? I didn't even mention or make any allusion to Tom or even singing in what you quoted me there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, M!ke said:

The hell are you quoting me about that for? When did I say anything about Tom not singing about girls? I didn't even mention or make any allusion to Tom or even singing in what you quoted me there. 

I clicked on the wrong comment. Please accept my apologies and forgive me 

35 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Was it ever confirmed that he wasn't the one that left her to begin with? It seems that everyone just has decided that Tom "stole" her from him. 

Either way, I'm sure he was very happy to see his old buddy banging his baby mama. Totally normal stuff

From Riding in Vans with Boys to......that. Just brutal

• Like 3

Travis and the Kardashians most likely already ran in the same circles in the ultra rich 40+ LA celeb culture. So what's in it for both parties besides true love?

Travis gets to have publicity via one of the most famous reality/instagram/influencer/celebrity people on earth.

Kourtney gets to have a midlife crisis "bad boy" tattooed skeletor rockstar to show off on instagram for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Champ182 said:

Travis and the Kardashians most likely already ran in the same circles in the ultra rich 40+ LA celeb culture. So what's in it for both parties besides true love?

Travis gets to have publicity via one of the most famous reality/instagram/influencer/celebrity people on earth.

Kourtney gets to have a midlife crisis "bad boy" tattooed skeletor rockstar to show off on instagram for awhile.

I'm pretty sure I remember Travis mentioning in his book that when he was messing with Paris Hilton he was eyeing Kim Kardashian, who was then her assistant or something. So yeah, I think you're right that they were already in the same circles.

• Like 1