The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Just now, twentytwenty said:

Ryan is still highschool pissed and is still posting salty comments towards tom, kinda hilarious tbh

I mean at this point everyone is posting salty comments about Tom besides brainwashed tombots.

He's a douche lol. it sucks

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I mean at this point everyone is posting salty comments about Tom besides brainwashed tombots.

He's a douche lol. it sucks

Really? I haven't seen one salty comment towards Tom these days besides Ryans. I mean it's been 15 years, get over it already. It's not that the band went on to be some world dominating super group either.

Even Atom likes every post Tom makes on instagram

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Really? I haven't seen one salty comment towards Tom these days besides Ryans. I mean it's been 15 years, get over it already. It's not that the band went on to be some world dominating super group either.

Even Atom likes every post Tom makes on instagram

Dude he kicked him out and made him sign a gag order for cash lol.

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Dude he kicked him out and made him sign a gag order for cash lol.

I never really followed AVA, Tom in tights dancing like a fairy and wailing like a dying cat was never my thing. Why did this Ryan guy get kicked out? (edgy last name by the way...Haha what a douche). 

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Love Tom, would tickle his testes.

To be fair, you only like Tom because it goes a bit against the grain here so it fits your edgelord status. I'd be shocked if you actually think Tom is cool or listen to his music

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

To be fair, you only like Tom because it goes a bit against the grain here so it fits your edgelord status. I'd be shocked if you actually think Tom is cool or listen to his music

Tom has been my favorite member since day one, bud. I love most of his work with blink, Boxcar and really enjoyed Whisper and the new AvA songs. To the Stars, the Love movie and the in-between AvA albums were low points but I wasn't dumb enough to shell out money for that shit and I generally ignored them. I'm a pretty happy camper here in Camp Wannabangtom. 

I like what he does and I like his sense of humor. You really should step away from the tabloid/drama shit, it just resorts to you calling everyone out with hyperbolic nonsense. It's okay to just like things without a social commentary behind it.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Texas Toast said:

I know! I've always wondered how much in royalties he gets. The thing is he probably has seen the most of that in the past, it's not like anything from Dude Ranch or prior is still played on the radio much anymore. (I'm sure Dammit gets a few spins each year, but nothing compared to their singles from Enema and beyond). So I am sure he had a nice payday when retroactive album sales happened for Chesire Cat and Dude Ranch after Enema's success, but those sales are done now. I'm sure he probably gets a small amount from Spotify streams for the albums he was on, but artists don't get shit from Spotify as it is, so I doubt he gets much. But I would be really interested to hear these details and the rest of his story and perspective. it is a shame he hasn't spoken. Maybe we should start a fundraiser to get him to speak? Every man has a price! 

There was an interview where he said he gets a royalty check twice a year and, as you said, I'm sure Dammit’ is his main earner in terms of royalties.

A few years ago though I read an article about the Foo Fighters' first drummer who gets $4000 every six months for two songs on the band's first album and even if FF is a bigger band, Dammit is definitely a bigger hit so who knows if it's more or less than $4000 for Scott. My guess would be he gets something like that twice a year by now because he has writing credits on more than two songs.

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

There was an interview where he said he gets a royalty check twice a year and, as you said, I'm sure Dammit’ is his main earner in terms of royalties.

A few years ago though I read an article about the Foo Fighters' first drummer who gets $4000 every six months for two songs on the band's first album and even if FF is a bigger band, Dammit is definitely a bigger hit so who knows if it's more or less than $4000 for Scott. My guess would be he gets something like that twice a year by now because he has writing credits on more than two songs.

Yea that sounds about right. I am sure he received a decent chunk of change back when Enema exploded though. Hopefully he invested it well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

You'd think after all this time he would sign up for Instagram or Twitter or something and start talking a bit about his blink years. Did they gag order him Ryan Sinn style or what?

There is probably more to explore here.

Now it's pretty safe to assume that the only reason he never spoke about the band is because before he left he signed an NDA or something like that. 

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Even though it’s nothing in the scope of the other guys, that is still a decent reward for something you haven’t so much as acknowledged in 20+ years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they paid him off though. Could explain why he’s never talked. And since Tom did it that way with Ryan Sinn it wouldn’t be unprecedented behavior for them

• Like 2

in some other thread there was a really old scott interview where he said he didn't sell his rights to the pre enema songs.

as a result of peak blink success, im sure buddha through dude ranch all sold millions of CDs. scott probably got a decent chunk of money from that. i'd guess that he eventually sold it off like tom did, though. 

33 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

in some other thread there was a really old scott interview where he said he didn't sell his rights to the pre enema songs.

as a result of peak blink success, im sure buddha through dude ranch all sold millions of CDs. scott probably got a decent chunk of money from that. i'd guess that he eventually sold it off like tom did, though. 

Yea he def got a decent chunk of change from those albums sales surging by default once everyone discovered blink after enema. If he played his cards right I’m sure it was enough to at least buy a home and make some decent investments.