The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

Blink Italia deserves a social media call out for what he's been doing. If Ry-bread wasn't the pro that he is, i would suggest it to him.

Bringing up the Scott elusive stuff is more humorous than anything, just knowing that he's lurking...but when you then take links that someone else spent the time digging up and pass them off for your own benefit. That's low.

as the person who compiled the TL (though contributed on the whole far less than our friend thibaut especially in recent years) it’s been pretty frustrating to see. the information is there for everyone’s benefit but it is annoying to see little credit given to the TL itself or the board. i more or less wrote the wikipedia pages for blink (albums/songs/etc) and i see info we’ve dug up or discovered routinely re-used in major publications. or sometimes entirely ripped off with similar wording. it sucks — they get paid for my work — but the info is free. it’s a tough delimma.

hell even the label/blink have taken my entire wikipedia lead paragraph and used it in press releases before lol 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

As much as I dislike blink Italia and the stealing, I don't think there's much point putting the timeline thread in a restricted section. The most interesting and noteworthy discoveries will always be shared elsewhere; it's just frustrating that it's happening without giving credit to the people who posted the info in the first place. I also think it would be a shame to restrict well-meaning lurkers and noobs from accessing the timeline just because of a few bad apples (...one in particular).

But ultimately, it's not my work that's being stolen, so if @Thibaut182, @boxelder, @luisbootlegs, etc. feel differently, that's far more important than my opinion.

• Like 7

That's exactly my point, I totally don't mind the discoveries of the timeline thread being reposted BUT and most importantly at least credit Blink 182 Online/and or the Blink 182 Timeline website, that's at least the minimum effort that's all. 

This is why @Ry-Bread is a legend with the podcast who at least gives credits and refers to the timeline website and the comprehensive timeline every single time when it is needed! Huge respect and mad props to him!

It's just frustrating spending hours on research and then someone basically stealing your work and acting like they made the rad and very cool discoveries 😒

• Like 9

Sorry in advance for the double post my bad!

Another thing definitely worth mentionning (not talking about the leaked Cheshire Cat recording pictures that they shared whom were taken from Mark's Dischord which I have not shared here in respect to Mark and his paid subscribers on the timeline thread).

They've also shared pictures from Rick Devoe's private Instagram (I'm not a follower on his account but when an account is private, isn't there some common decency to not share private content with everyone else and make it public?) Maybe it's just me hmm

Blink-182online twitter/Instagram should just call the cunt out on his shit. Doesn’t have to be in a rude or unprofessional way. When he steals something from here just comment under it “you forgot to mention you found that here” and link to the post on the boards. Throw a smug smiley face in there too. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

Or every time it happens, someone rally calls on here, and we all bombard the comments with links to the original. Constantly. 

This would work better if he didn't block everyone immediately after the slightest hint of criticism.

• Haha 1

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

This would work better if he didn't block everyone immediately after the slightest hint of criticism.

Yeah, he will block us all eventually but there's enough of us, some people will see it before he deletes and we could get some sneaky screen shots in. 

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah, he will block us all eventually but there's enough of us, some people will see it before he deletes and we could get some sneaky screen shots in. 

Yeah, it's worth a try, but I figure after the first couple of attempts, he will have blocked everyone haha.

Also, I'd worry about coming across as petty. We know the boards are the original source and we know we have a better community, so I wouldn't want the boards to seem insecure or desperate. I think comments or call-outs would have to be done in a humorous way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

He hasn't blocked me!!

Now because I said that let's see how long it takes for him to read this thread, find my personal profiles across the internet, and block me on all of them.

same boat. bring it you little content stealing schmuck!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

He hasn't blocked me!!

Now because I said that let's see how long it takes for him to read this thread, find my personal profiles across the internet, and block me on all of them.

Me either!  I posted a typical JarJarBlinks style dick-head comment on one of his posts just crucifying Skiba, right after they were calling him their "dark lord" or whatever.  Didn't get the block hammer somehow lol.

3 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

i'd say leave it alone. nobody on instagram cares where he got the content, unfortunately. 

this. it’s really not a big deal in the grand scheme at all. it’s frustrating yes but the info is freely accessible and should be. that’s the point

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

and acting like they made the rad and very cool discoveries 😒

i just wanted to highlight this, because THIS is what really burns me. italia and others did it with my podcast episodes... took a bunch of unique back in the day info i dropped and used it to bolster their own socials and grow audience. in fact, italia and others do it with ALL of ry's podcast guests. it's so, so, so damn lame. JUST FUCKING CREDIT THE SOURCE AND PROVIDE A LINK.

• Like 9

I've done some digging (looked at their socials)and here is what I found

I know exactly which footage/pictures  I've stumbled upon and always make sure (every single time to credit the source when there's one regarding footage/pictures).

On their Instagram account, they reposted a least 19 piece of content from the timeline and never a single credit to Blink 182 Online (most notably they reposted one of Davey's picture without crediting him and even reposted one of my videos directly from my Youtube channel and not even a damn credit) ....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1mRVwHo9Ce/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_A4pfDq7Sa/

• Like 3
  • Wow 1