The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

On 6/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, Kay said:

I have wanted a TOYPAJ hoodie since TOYPAJ itself. I've never found one. All the limited items were sold out but the new hoodie was on pre-order. 

i wish you were active on discord! people knew about it and were counting down and the second the jacket stuff went on sale it was mostly discord people who scooped it up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i wish you were active on discord! people knew about it and were counting down and the second the jacket stuff went on sale it was mostly discord people who scooped it up.

Not surprised, but I'm not camped out on marks chat. I'm a fan, not an obsessive. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i don't know of any obsessives on the discord. aside from a few kids, it's mostly grown ups talking about everything except blink.

You have a Blink 182 room, Davey. You're more than a casual!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You have a Blink 182 room, Davey. You're more than a casual!

yes my guest bedroom is a raynor-era blink museum. but it's not like i care very much for anything after. sure, i buy the albums and i listen to them. but it's like, whatever.

i enjoy the discord for the friends i've met on there from all over the world. i've already met one IRL, will be meeting more this summer. it's a cool place filled with good people.

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

yes my guest bedroom is a raynor-era blink museum. but it's not like i care very much for anything after. sure, i buy the albums and i listen to them. but it's like, whatever.

i think you're downplaying your fandom quite a bit. even if you don't care for the post-raynor albums, it's clear that you're a diehard fan of mark hoppus. and the blink-182 museum isn't exactly common household amenity. 

i'm not saying there's necessarily anything wrong with this. i just wish you would "own it" rather than pretend "it's like, whatever." 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

it's clear that you're a diehard fan of mark hoppus.

i wouldn't say "fan." after over 6 months on the discord, we're casual buds again. and while i appreciate that you wish i would "own it"...if having a blink wall in my house for all to see isn't owning it, i dunno. do i need to make a statement and find a notary?

my reply to kay about her saying the discord being full of "obsessives" is that

a.) it's a gross mischaracterization

b.) she meant it as a pejorative

the people on the discord are way kinder and friendlier than most people on here, which is why myself and others from 182online choose to spend most of our time over there.

most of this site is people being dicks to each other like it's the onlines circa 2002.

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i enjoy the discord for the friends i've met on there from all over the world. i've already met one IRL, will be meeting more this summer. it's a cool place filled with good people.

I'm only giving you a hard time, bud. You've got a nice collection going.

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yes yes.

but i think kay is dissing the discord for no reason, and corndog needs me to "confess my sins." which is silly.

Kay tends to be super judgey about everything and corndog goes around calling himself corndog ... I wouldn't spend too much time on it. Besides, I take pride in hanging out with a punk rock has been who tried to sock a chick in the face. At least Mark's a decent guy.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

the people on the discord are way kinder and friendlier than most people on here, which is why myself and others from 182online choose to spend most of our time over there.

I’d say it’s more that people here are real and honest and aren’t just trying to suck up to Mark Hoppus in the hopes he will notice them. If mark wasn’t active in the discord and it was just a blink discord that got popular people wouldn’t act too differently than they do here.

Everyone there can act like they’re above the rest of the fandom but let’s be honest they’re only there because they’re just as obsessed with Mark/blink as the rest of us.

• Like 1