The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

Either way, Tom should join up. Skiba can stay if he wants, they would sound way better live with two guitarists and another singer. Skiba also brings a unique sound that has worked well in places. Mix it with Tom and see where it goes.

AVA is a waste of time. 

This would be cool

The only way Tom would come back is for money and he'd do little to no actual work, it wouldn't be good. 

Id rather a handful of good Tom songs with AVA than nothing at all. 

• Like 1

As much as I'd love Tom returning to blink again, we'd be waiting years and years for blink to even release a song with him back in the band.

AVA did nothing at all until the past year when they've been recording an album. You'd think with the pandemic situation, he'd have more time to record music but the album has been in the making since even before that.

We'd be waiting 7-8 years for the next blink album IMO. He'd still have AVA existing whilst being a member of blink. He'd still be doing all the To the Stars stuff. He'll still be working on movies, comics, animations, books or whatever.

It'll probably be better than rushed songs like the ones from California & Nine. But a 7-8 year gap in between albums would only ever work if he's actually gonna be in the studio writing songs alongside Mark & Travis.

He'd just end up sending ideas through email again like he did during the recording of Neighborhoods and only ever turn up to the studio like once every 4-5 months or something. Even if he did turn up to the studio consistently (like he did during the recording of Dogs Eating Dogs), he'd probably rush the songwriting and have nearly all the songs written before even turning up to the studio. He'd never commit to working on just new blink music for 5-6 months straight.

If he could do that, then I'd never be bothered about the huge year gaps in between each album. His handling of time management nowadays is even worse than it was during Neighborhoods IMO. I just don't ever see him working on blink music for 5-6 months straight every 7-8 years though. Mark will just be impatient unless he focused more on Simple Creatures or brought back +44.

I could maybe see Tom returning in that capacity for one last blink album, but he'll probably be 60-70 years old at that point.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Man is neighborhoods aging into a fucking masterpiece for anyone else around here? I had a really long drive yesterday and spun it start to finish and holy FUCK compared to anything blink or ava have done post first hiatus  it really feels like blinks true swan song and the level of quality feels super high. I know they supposedly half assed it yada yada yada but it is much for enjoyable to listen to than restless souls ffs. Can I get an amen?!

I also think it has aged very well but I’ve loved it from the start sooo

• Like 4

On 6/18/2021 at 8:32 PM, Ghent said:

Either way, Tom should join up. Skiba can stay if he wants, they would sound way better live with two guitarists and another singer. Skiba also brings a unique sound that has worked well in places. Mix it with Tom and see where it goes.

AVA is a waste of time. 

AVA is a waste of time, but your fantasy blink scenario will never happen. Tom is blink. Tom started blink. It’s still his band! IF, and that’s a big IF Tom ever returns, he ain’t acknowledging the Skiba era or any Skiba songs lol. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FAPLORD said:

AVA is a waste of time, but your fantasy blink scenario will never happen. Tom is blink. Tom started blink. It’s still his band! IF, and that’s a big IF Tom ever returns, he ain’t acknowledging the Skiba era or any Skiba songs lol. 

Yeah, no chance he'll work with Feldman too if he ever does return to blink. It'll either be self produced or they'll probably hire one of the punk producers like that Bill Stevenson guy. I swear he was one of the names mentioned around 2014.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Yeah that’s not the way it works. Tom isn’t in blink, it’s not his band, and there are blink songs that he has nothing to do with that he will be expected to perform if he ever returns.

14 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yeah that’s not the way it works. Tom isn’t in blink, it’s not his band, and there are blink songs that he has nothing to do with that he will be expected to perform if he ever returns.

Apparently you didn’t catch my sarcasm as I was basically quoting Tom lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, no chance he'll work with Feldman too if he ever does return to blink. It'll either be self produced or they'll probably hire one of the punk producers like that Bill Stevenson guy. I swear he was one of the names mentioned around 2014.

That sounds about right. Tom would respect Bill Stevenson as he’s a member of Descendents. That guy also produced one of A Day To Remember’s album, and they did it all old school/analog I believe instead of computers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Smalls said:

Man is neighborhoods aging into a fucking masterpiece for anyone else around here? I had a really long drive yesterday and spun it start to finish and holy FUCK compared to anything blink or ava have done post first hiatus  it really feels like blinks true swan song and the level of quality feels super high. I know they supposedly half assed it yada yada yada but it is much for enjoyable to listen to than restless souls ffs. Can I get an amen?!

Amen. Still love this album, warts and all!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Smalls said:

Man is neighborhoods aging into a fucking masterpiece for anyone else around here? 

Have always liked the album, but it’s aging pretty terribly for me.

• Like 3

Neighbourhoods is an 8/10 album for me (their other peak albums like Dude Ranch through Self-Titled are all around 9/10). If you cut some of the weaker tracks (MH 4213.221321.123, Fighting the Gravity) and paste some of DED tracks in instead, as well as Tom contributing to more songs like HAG and Kaleidoscope and having better bridges, then it's easily a 9/10 album.