The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Just now, Champ182 said:

It's pretty fun to be able to look that far back actually haha here's one of my first posts which is about this exact topic, talking about whether Tom recorded guitar on Kaleidoscope:

Yea, I was obviously very wrong on my assessment lol 

• Like 1

Can you imagine the conversation between Mark and Tom if he had actually got Tom to play/sing on it?

mark “hey Tom can you play guitar and sing on this song I wrote”

tom “yeah sure what’s it about?”

mark “oh you know um… friendship and stuff”

• Haha 4

The live version  HAG with the guys sharing vocals is sick as well. Wish it was on the record. 

The chords are so Mark, you can really tell the parts were so fragmented and stitched together as opposed to being worked out organically in a room. Fucking pro tools 

8 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Really? I tried thinking back before I wrote that and all I could remember them playing early was Ghosts and After Midnight.

Yep.

Although I think they released the studio version the day the tour started or maybe a day or two earlier.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Yep.

Although I think they released the studio version the day the tour started or maybe a day or two earlier.

The studio version of that song sounds so much like a demo to me. I remember the anticlimax when they released it through the website thingy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

The studio version of that song sounds so much like a demo to me. I remember the anticlimax when they released it through the website thingy

Yeah, a lot of us thought what they released before the tour was a demo and that Tom would be on the album version. We were so naïve back then. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i remember above all really enjoying it. UAN felt like a mess, but at least HAG felt like a proper song. i liked the choruses and the insane drum work. it felt more like the type of music i imagined the band making bat that moment, and after midnight which came later a lot more so. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i remember above all really enjoying it. UAN felt like a mess, but at least HAG felt like a proper song. i liked the choruses and the insane drum work. it felt more like the type of music i imagined the band making bat that moment, and after midnight which came later a lot more so. 

I liked UAN since day one. What I never liked with that song though from day one as well is the weird fast fade out and then the "drop".