The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Let's start a blink online charity drive and donate the money to LA children's hospital (whichever one he usually directs donations to) in support of Mark.

I will get on this today.

I like this idea. Maybe @Ry-Bread can use some of his connections too and we can get something going. 

3 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

We could create a digital photo album with a picture of yourself and a get well soon message under each photo. We could even print it and make it a “real” book then send it to Mark / hospital. Would be cool if we have a lot of people participating of course…

This would be a cool idea too. Have @Ry-Breadmention it on the pod and i'm sure through Marks discord we could get it sent to him. 

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Let's start a blink online charity drive and donate the money to LA children's hospital (whichever one he usually directs donations to) in support of Mark.

I will get on this today.

Love this idea, if you need any help let me know, happy to use my terrible graphic design skillls if they're needed. 

13 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

We could create a digital photo album with a picture of yourself and a get well soon message under each photo. We could even print it and make it a “real” book then send it to Mark / hospital. Would be cool if we have a lot of people participating of course…

There's loads of websites where you can get books printed like that, definitely something we could do relatively easily. 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Love this idea, if you need any help let me know, happy to use my terrible graphic design skillls if they're needed. 

I made a donation group on Paypal and made a thread. When the money is actually donated we could link messages, pictures, or whatever we want along with it. Will make sure it's known to him where it came from and whatnot

• Love 2

1 hour ago, Chewy030 said:

I thought I remembered seeing that. And with Blink not doing anything this year makes sense for Matt to do Trio. 

I suppose Mark's cancer also explains why blink aren't doing any rescheduled dates this year.  They were still listed as doing Summerfest rescheduled for TBA this year on the summerfest website before the dates were finalized and released, and most bands for the festival last year did get rescheduled for this year. 

16 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I suppose Mark's cancer also explains why blink aren't doing any rescheduled dates this year.  They were still listed as doing Summerfest rescheduled for TBA this year on the summerfest website before the dates were finalized and released, and most bands for the festival last year did get rescheduled for this year. 

Yeah I was tempted to hit that show up since I saw tickets were still available but I noticed they dropped out everywhere else so I passed figuring they wouldn't play this year. 

22 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Yup! I was supposed to be seeing them July 9 here in Michigan. I had been at least wanting an explanation as to why they abruptly canceled about a month ago but I never imagined it would be because of this. Mark’s gonna kick cancer’s ass though!

16 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Very sorry to hear about your Mother! I really hope she’s able to beat cancer as quickly as possibly. Much love man 

Thanks man. Operation in August and they'll know more then I'm guessing but appreciate the good vibes. Lost my father-in-law in January to cancer so it's a 1-2 punch right now. 2021 has been a shit year so far.

I'll try to donate to Mark's charity or am down for the book idea too. Whatever we decide!

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Just out of curiosity, did Travis mention anything about Mark or just Tom so far?

*Not passing judgement on anything anybody says/doesn't say, just wondering if I missed it

He posted an old pic of him and Mark on his Instagram story yesterday and captioned it “Love you Mark Hoppus” but that’s all I’ve seen.

Still can’t believe the news about Mark. I’ve taken it worse than what I would have thought. Just feel so sad every time I think about it.

• Like 2