The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, Speedo said:

I wouldn't be overly concerned by not seeing public posts from friends.

anyone who has an actual personal relationship with mark has known for months. and anyone in his wider network who didn't know is going to reach out via text or a call.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Just out of curiosity, did Travis mention anything about Mark or just Tom so far?

*Not passing judgement on anything anybody says/doesn't say, just wondering if I missed it

The article I read stated: 

“Mark is my brother,” Barker told E!. “I will be with him every step of the way on stage and off and can’t wait for us to play together again soon.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just heard. It’s really sad on multiple levels. As many here have already said, I grew up with blink, and even though I obviously have no actual connection with them, I feel like I’ve been friends with them for years.

Even all the more sadder remembering when Mark was doing initial promotion for Simple Creatures, and him saying despite the success of California and the following tour, he was feeling really depressed and down. Then the next year the pandemic hit. And now, in the midst of all this chaos, he gets cancer. I only wish he kicks this things ass, and gets through this. His family too. Agh, so fucking awful. I don’t know what else to say. This just killed my weekend.

• Like 5

I feel like somebody punched me in the stomach. I’ve taken a few days off of here because I’m visiting family and I come back to this. Read back through the comments and now I’m tearing up. Not sure what to say as I’m still processing this. All I know is it’s not over yet and like Tom said, we’ve got your back mark 👊 I love you 3000

• Like 3
  • Love 5

it looks like mark has already shaved his head in preparation for the effects of the chemo

cancer sucks, both my parents had cancer, my mother got it real bad and still in recovery, it sucks big style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I61YVKRhYxM

• Sad 2

I just keep getting caught off guard at the moment. All of Mark’s backing vocals are really illuminated to me right now. Like listening to Always and then Boxing Day. Tom and Mark’s voices and personality complement each other so well. Mark’s little touches to those songs make them. He’s a precious soul. Still feel so sad every time I think about it. Love you Mr Hoppus 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Long time lurker with only 1 post but I’d say this warrants a post.  

Really shocked about Mark.  I hope whatever type of cancer he has it’s something with a good prognosis and doesn’t have to do with him smoking in his 20s.  I’m sure he will tell his story when he is ready.  

Listening to Blink will never be the same.  I haven’t listened to them since I heard the news, as it’s too much.  

This should remind us all that life is fragile and we should treat our family members and loved ones as such and try to enjoy every day.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Mark was on twitch and said he wasn’t feeling good and was having a bad day. :(

yea he's had a few crap days in a row.

he also said he didn't want to talk about it. i wish people would stop asking him over and over again in the chat how he is doing / feeling. leave the guy be for chrissakes.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea he's had a few crap days in a row.

he also said he didn't want to talk about it. i wish people would stop asking him over and over again in the chat how he is doing / feeling. leave the guy be for chrissakes.

It's only natural, people are concerned. 

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

It's only natural, people are concerned. 

i watched two grandparents (20 years apart) go through chemo for more than one year and then die. the last thing in the world they wanted to do was talk about it.

people are asking him because of how it makes them feel when instead they should be thinking about his feelings.

mark said "i'll answer you and then i really don't want to talk about it." and then people kept asking in the chat. just super inconsiderate, speedo.

• Like 4

Just now, daveyjones said:

i watched two grandparents (20 years apart) go through chemo for more than one year and then die. the last thing in the world they wanted to do was talk about it.

people are asking him because of how it makes them feel when instead they should be thinking about his feelings.

mark said "i'll answer you and then i really don't want to talk about it." and then people kept asking in the chat. just super inconsiderate, speedo.

It'll be okay, Davey.

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea fuck me for giving a shit, i guess

You're not Mark's white knight, relax. People are just concerned and while you may have life figured out, many don't. It isn't malicious, it's coming from a good place. It may be a little misguided but that's the nature of a public personality putting themselves on that kind of platform.

• Like 2