The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’m sad this news got out. Clearly he didn’t mean to share it and wasn’t ready for the world to know. Must be causing a lot of extra stress.

i was downvoted a lot on reddit when i politely asked people to delete the initial screenshots going around as he had clearly posted that story by accident. i guess it wouldn't have made much of a difference in the end because ~internet~ but yeah. this really really sucks. i wouldn't hold it against him if he decided not to stream much anymore because people will not stop talking about it, regardless of how clear he makes his feelings. :(

• Like 1

A problem with Twitch is that people join halfway through and miss the original answer. The same questions get asked repeatedly all the time. 

The only way to stop it would be to put *No Cancer Questions* in the description and/or have the mods delete the messages/timeout people. 

4 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i watched two grandparents (20 years apart) go through chemo for more than one year and then die. the last thing in the world they wanted to do was talk about it.

people are asking him because of how it makes them feel when instead they should be thinking about his feelings.

mark said "i'll answer you and then i really don't want to talk about it." and then people kept asking in the chat. just super inconsiderate, speedo.

No one here talks to Mark. This is a separate entity that has been around way before Discord or whatever you guys connect with him on.

No one here is pestering him. All we’re doing is collecting money for the LA Children’s Hospital because we’re bummed our hero has cancer. We don’t know details, but you can’t go wrong donating to a children’s hospital.

It definitely has something to do with how WE feel. We’re bummed. But we didn’t ask for this news. It sucks.

So I say let’s respond by donating to a children’s hospital Mark supports. That’s all anyone is doing here.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, Ghent said:

No one here talks to Mark. This is a separate entity that has been around way before Discord or whatever you guys connect with him on.

No one here is pestering him. All we’re doing is collecting money for the LA Children’s Hospital because we’re bummed our hero has cancer. We don’t know details, but you can’t go wrong donating to a children’s hospital.

It definitely has something to do with how WE feel. We’re bummed. But we didn’t ask for this news. It sucks.

So I say let’s respond by donating to a children’s hospital Mark supports. That’s all anyone is doing here.

i think davey was talking about twitch specifically because people bring up the same things over and over, and spam Mark with questions trying to get an answer from him. definitely not criticizing anyone here on the boards. what you guys are doing is really great and appreciated.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, kibbles said:

Looks like he didn’t archive the last stream, was he playing games and good otherwise? 😕

No camera. And no he wasn’t good. He said he had a couple hour window where he didn’t feel terrible so he was gonna try to play some games.

1 hour ago, kibbles said:

Looks like he didn’t archive the last stream, was he playing games and good otherwise? 😕

No camera. And no he wasn’t good. He said he had a couple hour window where he didn’t feel terrible so he was gonna try to play some games.

seems much better today doing the crossword

1 minute ago, 2003 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Blink182/comments/1ywwa7/mark_on_quitting_smoking/

Has anyone seen this?  Around 2011? Mark says he “quit smoking 8 months ago.”  The consensus seems to be that he quit around 1998 but perhaps he relapsed in the +44 era?  

I’m not saying this has anything to do with his illness.  It probably doesn’t, especially if he quit for good in 1998. I was just curious if anyone knew.  

If it did contribute, it’s something that should be known.  Perhaps one of you will be deterred and quit because of it.  As I said, I’m sure Mark will share his story when he is ready.

Dude… 

27 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Has it come out that he has lung cancer or something? If not, that is an odd thing to be fixated on

Sounds like he's just speculating what type of cancer Mark has based on what little we know of his health over the decades.

Like, I get that 2003 guy is just speculating and it's innocent - we do this shit for pretty much everything the band does - but it's just in poor taste given the circumstances. 

• Like 2

Deleted the post.  Did not mean to upset anyone.  It‘s just that I am a former smoker myself so this really concerned me.  Mark’s diagnosis has hit close to home in a way because he was a big part of my childhood.  It made me think about these things, but I realize it was bad timing.  Apologies to anyone offended.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, 2003 said:

Deleted the post.  Did not mean to upset anyone.  It‘s just that I am a former smoker myself so this really concerned me.  Mark’s diagnosis has hit close to home in a way because he was a big part of my childhood.  It made me think about these things, but I realize it was bad timing.  Apologies to anyone offended.  

It's okay boss, timing is everything - that just wasn't the right time. Your intentions came from the right place tho, I'm sure. Nice for examining what you said and holding your hands up. That's rare on the internet

• Like 1