The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

3 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

Stop flaming people for having natural and curious thoughts. They should be able to bring these thoughts up, it’s not like he’s harassing Mark about it. He’s concerned and don’t act like you all haven’t wondering and wish you knew what type of cancer it was too. 

The difference is, we kept it to ourselves. 

To be honest, I hadn't thought about which type. Mark said it's spread - which means it could be as bad as stage 4. Regardless of what cancer it is, it isn't good. 

Mark doesn't need the stress of people speculating or bugging him for details. Yeah people are naturally curious, I get that, but I still don't think that curiosity is enough to warrant people bugging him about it. 

My mother had breast cancer, she had to have a partial double mastectomy. Her cancer was treatable and relatively simple in comparison to the many ridiculous and awful types there are - and it completely destroyed us emotionally. Cancer shouldn't have a stigma around it but it's still a fucking horrible time for him and his family and as fans, I think the best thing we can do is leave him the fuck alone. 

• Like 3

I think we all agree that it's unacceptable for anyone to ask Mark what kind of cancer he has or ask him for any information about his illness. If he shares anything, it should be because he wants to, not because people are badgering him.

That said, talking about it here is very different from doing so on Discord or somewhere else Mark would be more likely to see. As long as everyone is respectful here (i.e., no wild speculation, no playing armchair oncologist, etc.), I think it's fine for us to talk about it.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Depf said:

No need to be cunty towards bobbo. It's an understandable thought and if there is a place where you could and should vent about this particular topic it is here with other concerned fans. I don't see any malice in that post. Its not like they posted that in the messages to mark thread and it obviously is from someone who  cares. 

Woke culture means that the moment someone does something remotely politically incorrect, everyone needs to pile on them and burry them from a petty moral high ground. Duh. 

Spoiler

Leftist culture is trending in a really fucking dumb direction 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Crab 2

I’ll throw out a good reason one wouldn’t want to share cancer type. Cancer types vary heavily in prognoses, but they also vary heavily in prognosis within a certain type and heavily varies on the individuals own body and health. Say he has a bad cancer type and stage, but his doctor gave him a pretty good prognosis based on his specific circumstances. People just associate with the cancer type and the public, people you don’t know, just start spreading garbage like damn you’re probably going to die and you feel terrible and hopeless and not what you need in the middle of a cancer treatment. The less you reveal, the more you protect yourself from armchair doctors causing you insane amounts of stress and anxiety; all of which are terrible for the body.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cum said:

Woke culture means that the moment someone does something remotely politically incorrect, everyone needs to pile on them and burry them from a petty moral high ground. Duh. 

Hide contents

Leftist culture is trending in a really fucking dumb direction 

I don't know how much of this is a woke/leftist thing. I think a big part of the issue is that cancer is a really touchy subject because most people have seen at least one person they care about go through it. And of course, most people here care a lot about Mark, even though we don't know him personally. That combination means a transgression (real or perceived) that might be overlooked otherwise will likely hit a sore spot and elicit some negative reactions.

Emotions are high, but I think we all mean well.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I don't know how much of this is a woke/leftist thing. I think a big part of the issue is that cancer is a really touchy subject because most people have seen at least one person they care about go through it. And of course, most people here care a lot about Mark, even though we don't know him personally. That combination means a transgression (real or perceived) that might be overlooked otherwise will likely hit a sore spot and elicit some negative reactions.

Emotions are high, but I think we all mean well.

You SJWs and your excuses!

7 hours ago, Kay said:

To be honest, I hadn't thought about which type. Mark said it's spread - which means it could be as bad as stage 4. Regardless of what cancer it is, it isn't good. 

Mark doesn't need the stress of people speculating or bugging him for details. Yeah people are naturally curious, I get that, but I still don't think that curiosity is enough to warrant people bugging him about it. 

My mother had breast cancer, she had to have a partial double mastectomy. Her cancer was treatable and relatively simple in comparison to the many ridiculous and awful types there are - and it completely destroyed us emotionally. Cancer shouldn't have a stigma around it but it's still a fucking horrible time for him and his family and as fans, I think the best thing we can do is leave him the fuck alone. 

Mark is a celebrity. People are going to wonder about it. That’s the least of his worries. He’s probably thankful to have people caring and wondering, some people could only wish they had one person to give a fuck 

Bobbo wasn’t speculating or trying to discuss what type of cancer Mark has. He was questioning why Mark hasn’t told us. There’s a difference. Ones more acceptable and falls into genera human curiosity. The other is being a cunt and acting like you are owed an explanation when you’re not.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

14 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

I’ve been wanting Mark to shave his head for the past couple of years, but not in these circumstances…

I’m sure it was devastating, but our man still looks handsome as fuck, and now he can join Matt and Travis in the bald-182 club and kick some ass.

Matt’s still in denial about being in the bald club tho 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

14 hours ago, boxelder said:

mark looks happy, dedicated and positive in that picture. really boosted my mood about the whole thing. as a super fan i must admit it’s been hard to process the mark news… which is nothing to how he or his family feels, i’m sure. but seeing him with a huge smile and a wisecrack truly gives me hope.

Damn I didn’t mean to crab this quote. Must have fat thumbed it yesterday. Just changed it though 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4