The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Sharing this episode of the Warped Life Podcast with Kevin Lyman because it talks about Hurley, Billabong and of course the early years of Blink with Rick Devoe!

Featuring:

Bob Hurley - Founder of Hurley Apparel

Paul Gomez - Hurley Vice President of Marketing (1998-2011)

Rick Devoe - Manager of Blink-182 (1995-2015)

Dylan Flynn - Founder of Pass the Bass

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saco0o said:

Holly Crap, Im more a Scott than Travis fan but wow, this beat Travis does at 4:46 (more or less) was soooooo awesome. Very simple but aaaah. That was good. (but watch the whole song to get that vibe haha)
Recently uploaded video, btw

Lol I will never understand the folks who say Scott is faster than Travis. I understand the people who prefer blinks albums with Scott because they prefer that more straightforward style of “punk rock.” But there are plenty who’ve argued over the years that Scott was faster than Travis which is simply not true. He just doesn’t play the same beats over and over, and he can definitely play anything Scott can faster and more precise. There’s really no debate in that. 

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

Lol I will never understand the folks who say Scott is faster than Travis. I understand the people who prefer blinks albums with Scott because they prefer that more straightforward style of “punk rock.” But there are plenty who’ve argued over the years that Scott was faster than Travis which is simply not true. He just doesn’t play the same beats over and over, and he can definitely play anything Scott can faster and more precise. There’s really no debate in that. 

Wait, what? Me? I never said "Scott plays faster than Travis" haha.
Im just into more those old songs. I know Travis is a f*cking GOD on drums but I have never been into his beats like most of fans. But that part was Reaaaally cool to listen!

2 minutes ago, saco0o said:

Wait, what? Me? I never said "Scott plays faster than Travis" haha.
Im just into more those old songs. I know Travis is a f*cking GOD on drums but I have never been into his beats like most of fans. But that part was Reaaaally cool to listen!

I know you didn’t say that mane.  I emphasized how I understand how people prefer the Scott era as you do, I was just eluding to arguments I’ve seen on here over the years, YouTube, etc , about Scott being faster. Sorry if it seemed I was coming at you because I wasn’t at all my dude 

Just now, FAPLORD said:

I know you didn’t say that mane.  I emphasized how I understand how people prefer the Scott era as you do, I was just eluding to arguments I’ve seen on here over the years, YouTube, etc , about Scott being faster. Sorry if it seemed I was coming at you because I wasn’t at all my dude 

Oh! Sorry If I misunderstood you mate.
I honestly think people only say that because most of the older songs were "faster" (like, if you compare Lemmings vs Going Away to College or MMs vs All the Small things) Or maybe because Peggy Sue used to be played faster back in Scott's day when you compare to the live album. 
But anyway, I think people is only comparing these things with old videos on youtube, u'know? live songs are always faster even with Travis (dont leave me on album vs live, for example)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

A ok bro! Just wasn’t funny, I am not offended at all by it. Nothing clever was written in that at all, I prefer at least a little brains 

You sure? You seem to be having an exaggerated response. It's a little over the top for an unfunny Instagram post.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

You sure? You seem to be having an exaggerated response. It's a little over the top for an unfunny Instagram post.

Lol I’m positive. Drinking coffee, smoked a little weed, and blasting Social D while I work from home. Couldn’t be better. Am I supposed to know who that poster is or something?

6 minutes ago, saco0o said:

Oh! Sorry If I misunderstood you mate.
I honestly think people only say that because most of the older songs were "faster" (like, if you compare Lemmings vs Going Away to College or MMs vs All the Small things) Or maybe because Peggy Sue used to be played faster back in Scott's day when you compare to the live album. 
But anyway, I think people is only comparing these things with old videos on youtube, u'know? live songs are always faster even with Travis (dont leave me on album vs live, for example)

Yea for sure, you’re right and I’ve thought about that too before 

6 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Lol I’m positive. Drinking coffee, smoked a little weed, and blasting Social D while I work from home. Couldn’t be better. Am I supposed to know who that poster is or something?

I have no idea, are you? I don't know who it is, just got sent it by a friend. It isn't slap my knee/piss my pants funny by any means but the reaction you had was a little more than I expect from either side, just wanted to make sure everything is kosher, that's all. Thought maybe Brendan kicked your dog or something. 

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I have no idea, are you? I don't know who it is, just got sent it by a friend. It isn't slap my knee/piss my pants funny by any means but the reaction you had was a little more than I expect from either side, just wanted to make sure everything is kosher, that's all. Thought maybe Brendan kicked your dog or something. 

I mean, it wasn’t extreme. I said that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen and that it’s not funny. That’s just my interpretation but by no means extreme. I do appreciate your concern about my well being though, you are a gentleman. 

This is weird and random but I play bass and I never reeeeally understood the "tempo" in Dont Leave Me' verses and bridge (when the vocals and guitar starts ["one more time with feelings"]) haha Damn
I watch live clips and I can never get it right.

9 minutes ago, saco0o said:

This is weird and random but I play bass and I never reeeeally understood the "tempo" in Dont Leave Me' verses and bridge (when the vocals and guitar starts ["one more time with feelings"]) haha Damn

This is why you're a bassist.

13 hours ago, saco0o said:

it's just chords