The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Anybody going to try and avoid downloading the album when it links? I want so badly to just put in the CD and listen to it for the first time when it comes out. I don't want to listen to crappy quality downloads one by one.

But I couldn't even hold off when I-Empire leaked.

Yeah, it's gonna be hard but I'm going for it. I may listen a song or two if it leaks but I'm saving the rest.

so what do you think tom and mark are going to use for instruments. do you think mark will go back to his pink bass and the white one and so on to bring back the spirit of blink of stick with his newer upgraded versions? maybe get his newest version in hot pink? and do you think tom will just stick with the brown with cream stripe? hopefully he wont be using his white with AVA written across is a few times.

so what do you think tom and mark are going to use for instruments. do you think mark will go back to his pink bass and the white one and so on to bring back the spirit of blink of stick with his newer upgraded versions? maybe get his newest version in hot pink? and do you think tom will just stick with the brown with cream stripe? hopefully he wont be using his white with AVA written across is a few times.

I predict 2 new signature guitars in 09.

Well, they're going to be 2 months behind schedule with Travis arm out of action. So I am guessing, a November album drop again.

travis gets his tracks done in days.. they can easily write all the songs andf when he feels up to it throw down the tracks, mix it and be done with it

Anybody going to try and avoid downloading the album when it links? I want so badly to just put in the CD and listen to it for the first time when it comes out. I don't want to listen to crappy quality downloads one by one.

But I couldn't even hold off when I-Empire leaked.

Id love to BUT i couldnt wait when Self-Titled leaked and im sure as hell not gunna wait now lol but i will still buy that cd on the first day it comes out. It be hard expecially if we hear demos or sound bites of new songs.

It will be impossible for me not to DL a leak, but what I will try to do is download a low quality version, that way the real album will sound amazing when I buy it.

Anyway, anyone think that an interlude track is going to be a norm from now on?  I mean we saw it on every album from BCR on (except on We don't need to whisper), BCR had instrumental, Blink had the fallen interlude, WYHSB had interlude, I-Empire had 2 instrumentals, though one was just SOB split up, so I-Empire had Jumping Rooftops (or whatever it was called, I think thats what it was).  I hope they continue with the whole instrumental thing especially if its like the fallen interlude, that track is clearly heavy with Travis influence and I think thats great, I didn't enjoy that track for a long time, but eventually I really started to enjoy it, and I feel now like I understand it more than I ever did before.

Plus, for this album, it could kinda be a medley tying all their old stuff together, like that one demo we heard on that Tom vid that sounds like M&Ms, maybe the album would start with an instrumental like that, sounds something like M&Ms, then starts to sound like Dammit or Josie or something from Dude Ranch, then starts to sound like Dumpweed, then Man Overboad, then Reckless Abandon or something from TOYPAJ, then Not Now or something from self titled, and then it builds up until boom you get to track 2, the first real track.

I think that would be really cool, and actually the first half of that is what the medley was during their last tours (although I'm thinking without vocals and the songs changed slightly like that M&Msish track Tom previewed), that would be a really neat way to start off the new album.

use your erection 1&2. 182.  I JUST got that.  :-X Only took me 5 years.

no, you did not just get that

use your erection 1&2 comes from an interview the boys gave months before the release of self titled.  Tom joked that the 2 songs that were connected (easy target and all of this) were to be titled Use Your Erection 1&2, a blatant joke of the Guns N Roses albums' Use Your Illusion and Use Your Illusion 2.  Somewhere in the fan base however, this got misinterpruted as the name of the album, and not the name of the songs, even though regardless, it was just a joke.  The misinformation spread so much that Amazon.com actually listed the album up under that name, allowing people to reserve their copy.  When the album was released, Amazon had to supply the buyers of that product with the product they promissed, Use Your Erection 1&2, so they pulled some sort of strings or something, and the some versions of the self titled album is actually called Use Your Erection 1&2 in Japan.

Read the title on the bar-code:

b182.import.japan.bck.jpg

use your erection 1&2 comes from an interview the boys gave months before the release of self titled.  Tom joked that the 2 songs that were connected (easy target and all of this) were to be titled Use Your Erection 1&2, a blatant joke of the Guns N Roses albums' Use Your Illusion and Use Your Illusion 2.  Somewhere in the fan base however, this got misinterpruted as the name of the album, and not the name of the songs, even though regardless, it was just a joke.  The misinformation spread so much that Amazon.com actually listed the album up under that name, allowing people to reserve their copy.  When the album was released, Amazon had to supply the buyers of that product with the product they promissed, Use Your Erection 1&2, so they pulled some sort of strings or something, and the some versions of the self titled album is actually called Use Your Erection 1&2 in Japan.

that picture reminds me of when I bought When Your Heart Stops Beating.

wtf.jpg

that picture reminds me of when I bought When Your Heart Stops Beating.

wtf.jpg

lol which store did you buy it from Ricky?