The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

So has no one read the esquire interview yet. The author has two lines hinting at a blink reunion, but no direct quotes from Tom.

”He has broken up with Blink, reformed Blink, re-quit Blink, and possibly re-rejoined Blink.”

And

“(For the record, Hoppus’ cancer has responded positively to chemotherapy and he appears to be on the road to recovery, and a Blink-182 reunion is not out of the question. Prayers up for both.)”

what a world we live in. I know most likely Tom just said never say never as he always does to the interviewer and he interpreted it that way, but still this is the most we’ve gotten in a long time. Last time required a plane crash. Maybe this time required cancer and a global pandemic.

• Like 1

Uhhhh 

— DeLonge is in touch with his Blink-182 bandmates, both of whom are going through some significant life events: Travis Barker just took his first trip on an airplane since the deadly 2008 plane crash that left him and DJ AM badly burned, and Mark Hoppus is currently in treatment for lymphoma. “I was really, feverishly wanting to show Mark some of these things that I've learned and I know,” he says of wanting to aid Hoppus in his health fight. He tells me about a healer who visualized health and love, thereby curing lab mice of terminal cancer. He insists it works: "When we heard all the stories on Native Americans meditating to make it rain, we thought it was funny, a rain dance. Oh my God, they think group consciousness can manipulate the weather. But it really does work that way.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kibbles said:

Uhhhh 

— DeLonge is in touch with his Blink-182 bandmates, both of whom are going through some significant life events: Travis Barker just took his first trip on an airplane since the deadly 2008 plane crash that left him and DJ AM badly burned, and Mark Hoppus is currently in treatment for lymphoma. “I was really, feverishly wanting to show Mark some of these things that I've learned and I know,” he says of wanting to aid Hoppus in his health fight. He tells me about a healer who visualized health and love, thereby curing lab mice of terminal cancer. He insists it works: "When we heard all the stories on Native Americans meditating to make it rain, we thought it was funny, a rain dance. Oh my God, they think group consciousness can manipulate the weather. But it really does work that way.”

euuurgh man he really makes it hard to love him don't he? 

He thinks because the government admitted there are ufos which according to them could be anything and just foreign weaponry, that everything he believes is true and we have to trust him on it now. When most of the crap he says and believes in see bat shit insane and proven false. Just on his rogen appearance, he was bringing up stories that were debunked live on air. And yet now he gets to say in these interviews, that Rogan interview he just wasn’t prepared and wasn’t media trained to convey the things that he knows.

I really hate the PR narrative that was created around this album. Every article and interview starts with you were right and you’re vindicated; clearly coordinated on how they want to market Tom and the album. But he’s still a certified conspiracy theorist believing absolutely insane things that can be proven false with one Google search.

We knew this entire time he had some connection to government officials since he left the band, that’s not why he thought he was crazy simply because he “believed ufos existed.”

Knowing the us government, my best guess is intelligence is using Tom as a disinformation campaign.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, NotNow said:

Knowing the us government, my best guess is intelligence is using Tom as a disinformation campaign.

Yeah this was one of my beliefs when everyone was guessing Tom was crazy. I mean Tom is crazy in ways but I don't think he's insane or anything. Maybe naive and that's why I think although Tom is involved with all of this shit, he's been used to give out random information to take the attention away from what is actually happening.

Although off topic, but I just remembered Tom being involved with free mason stuff. Does anyone know if that's still a thing with Tom?

3 hours ago, ghents shtick_182 said:

is this not one of the best punk/pop punk songs ever?

it's far from the best song on that album, but i think it was in a tony hawk game and that's how a lot of little kids heard millencolin for the first time. so i think it's a sentimental favorite for a certain generation.

26 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

On a more positive note than my recent posts - My little brother got me a belated birthday gift. Opened it and nearly had a blub…thoughtful bastard.

5-B4-FEBD0-4-D3-C-441-E-8-CD5-309-C34-AC

That's so silly. I love it. 

• Love 1