The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

12 hours ago, Kay said:

So, on one hand, I'm really glad that Travis is apparently super happy and is feeling okay with getting on planes again, and stuff...

but on the other hand...

does anyone get massive "midlife crisis" vibes from this sort've stuff? 

Eh, for normal people, sure, but for a rockstar like Travis, this seems like life as usual, you know?  Like if this was completely outside of character for the man, then yeah, red flags would be going off.  But let's be realistic here, this is entirely on-brand for Travis, and I honestly can't blame him.  He did the whole dedicated marriage thing a couple of times before and it didn't really work out for him.  I'm sure he definitely shares a fair amount of blame for that, but that doesn't change the fact that this does seem to be who he is and who he always has been.  And if it keeps him happy, then more power to him.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I'm surprised this blink interview hasn't had more attention. Laughed my ass off when I first saw this

‘ he got pooped on by a bird!!’ 

GOAT interview. Remeber stumbling upon it during my first deep dive into blink, made me buy a coach jacket looool.

Just love the vibe of living by the beach, then going to get fast food and practicing in the studio. A day in the fucking life of all lives.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

I'm surprised this blink interview hasn't had more attention. Laughed my ass off when I first saw this

Lmao, wait, I have seen this before, long, long ago. Is it UC1? I’ve definitely seen this before, but the memory of it is mixing with the Riding In Vans With Boys bird shit incident.

18 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Lmao, wait, I have seen this before, long, long ago. Is it UC1? I’ve definitely seen this before, but the memory of it is mixing with the Riding In Vans With Boys bird shit incident.

It definitely wasn't on UC1 ... I've never seen it before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

No clue where it came from, i only came across it for the first time in my life like a year ago. A video like that should have way more views haha

• Like 1

guys i’m headed to san diego next week, and of course i’ll be hitting up some historical blink spots. planning on sombrero, tom’s house/garage where the band started, maybe original soma or where signature sound was. any other suggestions or things i’m missing?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, boxelder said:

guys i’m headed to san diego next week, and of course i’ll be hitting up some historical blink spots. planning on sombrero, tom’s house/garage where the band started, maybe original soma or where signature sound was. any other suggestions or things i’m missing?

Good man. Tom’s house is the best of the bunch I think…just to think of how it all started, the lamppost outside etc.

Maybe To The Stars in Encinitas? Depends how Tom Botty you are - there’s always a chance he might pop in.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, boxelder said:

make sure you go to the correct sombrero location! there used to be only a couple in the 90s but now there are tons of them and sometimes fans go to the wrong one:

Sombrero Carmel Mtn. Ranch - 11040 Rancho Carmel Dr San Diego, CA 92128 858-451-3367

a bit to the north, mark bought petey at the san marcos guitar center:

https://stores.guitarcenter.com/ca/san-marcos/111

see lou's records in encinitas if you can:

http://www.lousrecords.com/

SOMA #2 is a must, i had a great time there. it's a flower business now. the owner's son manages the place and let me go into all the back of house areas. he says about once a year an old punker comes by asking about when it was SOMA. you can literally stand exactly where raynor did the mento's moment from your profile pic in the "m+m's" video. it's the load in area behind the building:

https://www.wholesaleflowersandsupplies.com/

and not just "m+m's" ... there are also some "adam's song" locations to check out in north county. see this thread for links, especially the "random shit" section at the bottom for other blink stuff in SD:

• Like 5