The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

5 hours ago, Speedo said:

So, what do you guys do exactly, just go an stare at somebody's house because Tom used to live there?

Yeah - I had to explain to this Iranian taxi driver why I needed to gawp at this house and lamppost. He was confused. I was horny 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Speedo said:

So, what do you guys do exactly, just go an stare at somebody's house because Tom used to live there?

haha i’m just planning on driving by and going “cool”. it’ll definitely be cool to see where mark and tom first met though, feels like my own personal tribute to a band that’s meant a lot to me! 

and thanks @daveyjonesfor the suggestions. i completely forgot about lou’s, very excited to go there! 

• Like 4

On 9/18/2021 at 1:29 PM, _Bagel said:

Good man. Tom’s house is the best of the bunch I think…just to think of how it all started, the lamppost outside etc.

Maybe To The Stars in Encinitas? Depends how Tom Botty you are - there’s always a chance he might pop in.

TTS retail shop closed down

2 hours ago, Neal said:

TTS retail shop closed down

Also it was a 10x10 hut style shop. It was right on the encinitas strip so if you’re in encinitas you would walk by it. If Tom did stop by it wouldn’t be in the store. I do recommend getting lunch at the taco stand across the street Tom mentioned recently, it’s incredible.

10 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Also it was a 10x10 hut style shop. It was right on the encinitas strip so if you’re in encinitas you would walk by it. If Tom did stop by it wouldn’t be in the store. I do recommend getting lunch at the taco stand across the street Tom mentioned recently, it’s incredible.

Well the people that worked there said he would check in a lot to see how things were going. 

Didn’t realise it was closed down though 

@daveyjones what a fun list of suggestions. I used to go to Southern California at least once every year (sometimes two or three times) to visit family. Most of my family no longer lives there so I haven’t been back in a few years, but doing a blink music video location hunt sounds like a fun thing to do one day. I’ll have to keep this in the back of my mind. Hopefully going back next summer finally.

• Like 1

Tom was live with zane low on bbc radio 1 tonight here is the breakdown 

Zane Lowe interviewed Tom DeLonge on Radio BBC 1

Here's the summary of the interview that Zane Lowe made with Tom DeLonge on Radio BBC 1:

Songs are not written in acoustic guitars anymore, but on computers.

He said breaking up was stupid.

They broke up because fame took over, and they weren’t communicating because there were labels and sponsors doing everything, and because he was sad that he lost his daughter’s 2 first years.

He said "Neighborhoods" is a good title, because they grew up in different neighborhoods in different cities, and grew up to form blink-182.

Album has a very modern, stadium rock, but 3-4 songs are straight from mid-90′s style.

Cancelling European Tour was horrible for them, but they just needed to focus on the album.

• Like 3

I don't know if this is news, but Tom gave an interview recently saying the song When You Fucked Grandpa was originally about Hitler lol. 

"We’d had this giant record with Enema Of The State, and then we go to record its follow-up and the whole label is freaking out, because they’re scared about what we’re going to write. We had three songs for them to hear after six months to see where we’re at," explains DeLonge.

"It’s the head of the label and the head A&R guy, and we played them this song full of cuss words, a song that went, ‘When you fucked Hitler did he tell you that he loved you?’, which later became When You Fucked Grampa"

Detailing the contents of the second song – although we're really not sure it could be any more eyebrow-raising than the first – DeLonge reveals it was a cover of the Macarena, but with the added line 'Hey, wipe your anus.'

"But what I’m getting at is even when the stakes were really high and there’s a lot of pressure to follow up a really big record, doing those songs was the core of who we were – having fun, fucking with people and having a good time," continues DeLonge. "And when that didn’t exist in Blink was when it was really hard, because that’s the whole goal of that band.”

https://www.loudersound.com/news/theres-an-ureleased-blink-182-song-about-getting-fked-by-hitler?utm_medium=social&utm_content=metal-hammer&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR0Tednc18zaAbz_YBug1pLKAGVxINtKW2H9ufpgySdPipeMwzCkXC5f2Gc