The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

I just saw on reddit that Mark and Tom don't follow him either, of course this doesn't mean anything, even though people there are worried. I can't blame Mark and Tom, all his IG stories with KK are 😷

I know no one here cares, but this isn’t true.

There’s some weird thing with Insta where you can look Travis’ “followers,” for example, and Mark won’t show up. However, when you go to Mark’s “following,” Travis IS there. 

15 minutes ago, IblinkfanA said:

There’s some weird thing with Insta where you can look Travis’ “followers,” for example, and Mark won’t show up. However, when you go to Mark’s “following,” Travis IS there. 

Put your phone down and go for a walk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IblinkfanA said:

Damn. We almost had some good drama.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shit Poster said:

I don't know if this is news, but Tom gave an interview recently saying the song When You Fucked Grandpa was originally about Hitler lol. 

"We’d had this giant record with Enema Of The State, and then we go to record its follow-up and the whole label is freaking out, because they’re scared about what we’re going to write. We had three songs for them to hear after six months to see where we’re at," explains DeLonge.

"It’s the head of the label and the head A&R guy, and we played them this song full of cuss words, a song that went, ‘When you fucked Hitler did he tell you that he loved you?’, which later became When You Fucked Grampa"

Detailing the contents of the second song – although we're really not sure it could be any more eyebrow-raising than the first – DeLonge reveals it was a cover of the Macarena, but with the added line 'Hey, wipe your anus.'

"But what I’m getting at is even when the stakes were really high and there’s a lot of pressure to follow up a really big record, doing those songs was the core of who we were – having fun, fucking with people and having a good time," continues DeLonge. "And when that didn’t exist in Blink was when it was really hard, because that’s the whole goal of that band.”

https://www.loudersound.com/news/theres-an-ureleased-blink-182-song-about-getting-fked-by-hitler?utm_medium=social&utm_content=metal-hammer&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialflow&fbclid=IwAR0Tednc18zaAbz_YBug1pLKAGVxINtKW2H9ufpgySdPipeMwzCkXC5f2Gc

He spoke about that song back in 01 on Colbert (I think it was?).

54 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Put your phone down and go for a walk.

I’m not saying this as in I’ve checked who in the band is following who. I’m saying this MORE as “this is how Instagram works.”

A bit ironic that you tell someone to put their phone down and go for a walk when said someone posts on this board once every…4 months? And you’re here multiple times daily. 

KYS.

2 minutes ago, IblinkfanA said:

I’m not saying this as in I’ve checked who in the band is following who. I’m saying this MORE as “this is how Instagram works.”

A bit ironic that you tell someone to put their phone down and go for a walk when said someone posts on this board once every…4 months? And you’re here multiple times daily. 

KYS.

Learn to take a joke, pal. Now you have something to think about on your walk.

10 hours ago, IblinkfanA said:

That’s actually interesting, not something I’ve noticed about insta. I love random social media stuff like that

15 minutes ago, Shit Poster said:

Super cool stuff @boxelder

On an unrelated note, not sure if it's been discussed but is the song Snake Charmer about Medusa? The "turns you into stone" lyric along with the title makes it seem so. 

It's referencing several mythical characters that are women.