The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Edit: the tweet was deleted, but here's a screenshot...

EWrC0Lx.png

On the one hand, I kind of agree with her, on the other hand it’s dumb to say outloud and considering her history of beefing with musicians she really should learn to just back off. Skiba already hates her n all lol

Travis was on SNL for real tonight playing with Young Thug. No idea who that is but the songs were cool.

Fuck Laura Jane Grace lol, very odd attack. Travis has been doing the same thing for 20 years and a lot of what he’s done has been irrelevant. He kept doing what he wants and didn’t give a shit. Now he’s having major success so it’s bringing out the haters.

Honestly it’s pathetic. Especially the blink “fans” shitting on him. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Scott. said:

She’s just jealous that Travis is still relevant and she’s a fucking nobody. Famous for chopping her dick off, well done. 

Transphobia really isn’t relevant to the discussion. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Dylan_ said:

How does one play drums like an asshole?

I heard many drummers say that as much as they love Travis, he modeled a super incorrect drumming posture that way too many people emulate and they eventually have to unlearn.

I don't know if this is what LJG meant, but it's the only critique I've always heard regarding the way he plays. 

I don't think she meant his playing style. At least I'd hope not.. That shit is still cool, signature blink vibes.

Tom playing guitar lower than 90% of the population was also cool. That doesn't make them assholes. The things they do outside of music makes them assholes. 

• Like 2

Can’t believe a guy who named his company Famous, collects Cadillacs, and had a reality TV show on MTV enjoys fame..

And as for drumming technique or whatever, no one ever scolded Tom for hanging his guitar to his knees. It looked cool, who cares?

Mercenary chasing $$? He always prioritizes his main band, but loves working with other artists. He has work ethic mixed with love of drumming, why is that something to shit on?

Very odd flex from Laura Jane Grace

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Can’t believe a guy who named his company Famous, collects Cadillacs, and had a reality TV show on MTV enjoys fame..

And as for drumming technique or whatever, no one ever scolded Tom for hanging his guitar to his knees. It looked cool, who cares?

Mercenary chasing $$? He always prioritizes his main band, but loves working with other artists. He has work ethic mixed with love of drumming, why is that something to shit on?

Very odd flex from Laura Jane Grace

She’s always been a little hot headed tbh. I doubt she thought much about it, just shit talked and then went “ah fuck I shouldn’tve said that” then deleted it.

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

She’s always been a little hot headed tbh. I doubt she thought much about it, just shit talked and then went “ah fuck I shouldn’tve said that” then deleted it.

Fair enough. Pretty aggressive shit to come out of nowhere though

• Like 1