The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

38 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Fair enough. Pretty aggressive shit to come out of nowhere though

Well it's probably because he's still relevant with the newer young artists he's producing.

If he hadn't been doing anything then it'd be really random.

Still random.

Drummers are drummers. Since when are they the heart of a band? They all hop around filling in and stuff. 

12 hours ago, Ghent said:

Honestly it’s pathetic. Especially the blink “fans” shitting on him. 

go join ry bread if you can't handle people on here finding travis's publicity stunts to be lame. it's mild criticism at best. 

the guy is nearly 50 years old. every day the world is greeted with a heavily photoshopped image of him shoving his tongue down a reality tv star's throat. 

it's just yet another thing that kills the memories i had of this band growing up. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

3 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

go join ry bread if you can't handle people on here finding travis's publicity stunts to be lame. it's mild criticism at best. 

the guy is nearly 50 years old. every day the world is greeted with a heavily photoshopped image of him shoving his tongue down a reality tv star's throat. 

it's just yet another thing that kills the memories i had of this band growing up. 

Very true. I don't care as much because it's just Travis, but I definitely don't look up to him in any realm or enjoy the fame whoring.  It's fine when it's Mark + Tom then Travis, but when Travis is dictating the band and direction it kind of sucks.  

I mean he's the reason we got Feldy.

Him being whorey with Boxcar pushed away Mark.

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Travis is cringe on social media but I don’t see how that affects how he plays drums lol

what i said wasn't related to his drumming. but i personally haven't cared about his drumming since +44.

the "plays like an asshole" quote kinda makes sense to me. he overcomplicates everything he plays. remember that stupid band dragonforce from guitar hero like 15 years ago? travis is the drummer equivalent of that now. 

if we're talking about blink universe drummers, i actually prefer atom willard and ilan's playing over travis.

5 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Ilan is generic and Nine Inch Nails hasn't been good in more than 2 decades.

Atom is great though, a solid drummer. I definitely prefer Atom to Travis.

ironic statement to make on message board for a band that also tanked in terms of quality. however, i disagree about NIN. not as good as before but still interesting.  

2 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

ironic statement to make on message board for a band that also tanked in terms of quality. however, i disagree about NIN. not as good as before but still interesting.  

I wasn't comparing Nine Inch Nails to blink 182 ... so, no, not ironic.

Just another guy who probably never liked blink besides the AVA sounding songs.. Imagine getting this triggered over someone making out with a Kardashian on Instagram. Unfollow him ffs.

Atom and Ilan better than Travis? 😂 fuck me up the ass

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Just another guy who probably never liked blink besides the AVA sounding songs.. Imagine getting this triggered over someone making out with a Kardashian on Instagram. Unfollow him ffs.

All three of them are pretty great though

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I don't know, man. It's pretty close between Atom and Travis, skill-wise. 

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Atom, and especially Ilan, don't even belong in the conversation with Travis

Yeah if that conversation is "trashiest" celebrity!

Seriously though, Atom isn't as flashy but he's seriously fucking skilled and sought out. They're pretty even if your judging straight skill. Travis probably has an edge performance and entertainment wise, he is an amazing drummer who knows how to put on a show. Whereas Atom is more of a drummers drummer and just drives the bus.

Ilan hasn't ever struck me as anything special. He seems like more of a jack of all trades musically than anything truly special.

• Like 1

Illan is one of those typical child prodigy kids who have incredible talent for whatever endeavor it is, but don’t really seem to have passion for it.  He’s amazing, so I’m not trying to pull a LJG here, but he is the definition of a mercenary. 

he joined with Tom in order to pimp out his personal band, which is fine, but still. Isn’t like he is super loyal to AVA or something. 

• Like 2