The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

4 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

but don’t really seem to have passion for it.  He’s amazing, so I’m not trying to pull a LJG here, but he is the definition of a mercenary. 

I disagree, he’s very involved with everything’s that going on, just because he plays in multiple bands doesn’t mean that he don’t have passion for the.

4 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

he joined with Tom in order to pimp out his personal band, which is fine, but still. Isn’t like he is super loyal to AVA or something. 

I agree up that he definitely saw an opportunity and took it, but what does him not being loyal to the band even mean? He’s the when he needs to be just like everyone else. The fact that him, Tom and Matt co-wrote basically the whole new album should indicate that he cares, at least in my mind.

52 minutes ago, Speedo said:

How many are there? I know Kim and the one Travis is with, that's it. Is there a horde?

I think there is also a Khloe Kardashian and 2 or 3 stepsisters and their names all start with the letter K

• Like 1

Idk how people know this shit. I hear about “the family” but never know much of anything about any of them. Do you watch the show or something? I don’t really get the fame because they seem very uninteresting to me.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Kay said:

Idk how people know this shit. I hear about “the family” but never know much of anything about any of them. Do you watch the show or something? I don’t really get the fame because they seem very uninteresting to me.

I'm neutral on Kim, I only know her because of Kanye, but last year I watched her interview with Letterman on Netflix and for someone who gets such a bad rep for who she is, she was kinda cool. 

4 hours ago, Kay said:

they're famous for their ability to get people talking about them wondering how it's possible that they're so famous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feels like I'm the only one that still absolutely loves the recent drumming from Travis. I love all that flashy or complicated shit he pulls out. The drums in Kaleidoscope, Fighting the Gravity and Heart's All Gone are great. Not a fan of how the drums sound on California, but I still love the drumming on that album, especially on Los Angeles and 6/8.

The drums on the outros of Generational Divide and No Heart to Speak Of are quality too. I guess I just love his overplaying style. I can see why people don't like it but I love it

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, NotNow said:

What’s the ttl on this marriage? One year?

Well Melissa was one year and Shannah was 4, so I’d guess at between that many. That being said they’re both in their 40s, maybe this one sticks.

• Like 1