The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

1 hour ago, Just_fkn_Jan. said:

No one's asking for a perfect legacy, but when California - Deluxe - Nine is as many songs as Enema - Toypaj - Untitled, you start to feel painful.

Neighborhoods was supposed to be the ugly step sibling album.

I think mainly, people were very open to the idea of Matt, it's just the disappointment that came with what they came up with that's the main frustration. It's just a waste of time, they literally just keep hodgepodging generic pop punk trash in their 40s and using the name for outside songwriters to play with? It's just lame, but I get they would make +44 money at best without the blink name.

There’s a bunch of people that’s enjoying the new stuff as well though. “People” are still very open to the idea of Matt, nine peaked at No 3 on the billboard 200 for instance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I love Matt in the band tbh the only bad thing about it is that they don’t use him enough. More of a strong presence from Matt would mean better music imo.

Yes honestly now that it’s been 6 years I really like Matt in the band too. He’s more of a staple in the band than tom was post reunion.

I love Matt in the band too. I'm very excited to see what comes next with the band.

I know there is few haters on this board that don't like the new era of the band but this place is a very small percentage of the fanbase. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean nobody does. Obviously not everyone who doesn't like the new music thinks like this but there is a few obvious ones that do.

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

I love Matt in the band too. I'm very excited to see what comes next with the band.

I know there is few haters on this board that don't like the new era of the band but this place is a very small percentage of the fanbase. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean nobody does. Obviously not everyone who doesn't like the new music thinks like this but there is a few obvious ones that do.

Name them then instead of being a little bitch 

• Wow 2

8 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I'm kinda disappointed tbh. @Just_fkn_Jan. better yourself!

No one's asking for a perfect legacy, but when there is as many bad trolls as good ones, you start to feel painful.

Scott was supposed to be the lame, shit troller.

I think mainly, people were very open to the idea of Jan, it's just the disappointment that came with what she comes up with that's the main frustration. It's just a waste of time, she literally just keeps hodgepodging generic “nobody likes new blink” trash in her late 20’s. Maybe it’s time to start using outside joke writers or just drop the Jan name. It's just lame, but I get she would make sock account reacts at best without the Jan name.

• Wow 1

7 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Apparently Tom did a short interview on James corden tonight and said a blink reunion will happen they just need to figure out scheduling?

Sounds like his normal spiel, but we’ll see how he phrased it this time…

Sounds like the same normal spiel to me tbh. Find the time. Priorities. Etc.

I do think it’s definitely going to happen. Wouldn’t bank on something happening soon or there being something secret planned atm.

• Like 3

This is still light years beyond when nine came out just two years ago or even six months ago prior to mark announcing he had cancer. I think it’s inevitable at this point that they play a show together in the next 2-3 years.

I also don’t think anything secrets planned but I think if they do it, they will do it in secret for awhile. I think they’ve learned from last time to come back with a big splash and shock everyone rather than announce immediately.

Also this will probably get pretty big traction in the news since it’s said on late night even though it’s pretty much the same thing he’s been saying for a year on radio stations.