The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Also wtf is a ferris wheel full of blue green eyes?!?

I always took the line as Like a Ferris Wheel, (she was) full of blue green eyes.  Like to me the lyric is remembering a specific ferris wheel lit up in the night sky with blue and green lights, it's such a vivid image that I swear I've seen it myself before.  And he's likening her eyes to the same color and feeling he gets when he recollects that ferris wheel.  At least, that's how I've always interpreted that, so it never really felt off in any way to me.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I always took the line as Like a Ferris Wheel, (she was) full of blue green eyes.  Like to me the lyric is remembering a specific ferris wheel lit up in the night sky with blue and green lights, it's such a vivid image that I swear I've seen it myself before.  And he's likening her eyes to the same color and feeling he gets when he recollects that ferris wheel.  At least, that's how I've always interpreted that, so it never really felt off in any way to me.

This is where his lyrics just become subjective; I enjoy this line as well, as it's imagery that doesn't need to be clear in order to be effective, at least in my opinion.

7 hours ago, M!ke said:

I see the ferris wheel buckets full of disembodied eyes. I can understand your interpretation but its a lot of work for it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ye. said:

This is where his lyrics just become subjective; I enjoy this line as well, as it's imagery that doesn't need to be clear in order to be effective, at least in my opinion.

Yeah I don't mind that line. A ferris wheel full of blue green eyes has some nice imagery for me. I see a very specific scene that I pictured in my head the first time I heard it.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2021 at 3:22 AM, Kay said:

I see the ferris wheel buckets full of disembodied eyes. I can understand your interpretation but its a lot of work for it.

I mean it's the immediate image that came to my mind the first time I heard it. So it certainly doesn't feel like a lot of work at all.

Has anyone else noticed a recent rise in popularity of blink-182 within the zeitgeist? I mean it's mostly centered around their most pop-punk 1999-2001 sound, but I see and hear random blink things seemingly everywhere these days. 

My theory is it's a combination of a rise in popularity of the pop-punk genre as a whole again, Travis dating and now engaged to a Kardadhian, Travis dipping his fingers in music all over the place anymore with other popular musicians, Mark revealing and beating stage 4 cancer, and maybe even a little bit of Tom's general alien weirdness gaining more attention (like the other day a comedy podcast I enjoy randomly mentioned Tom DeLonge in regards to aliens and no further explanation was needed for the other guests on the show).  It's almost the perfect storm of attention for all this stuff related to the band, that blink is at the center of it, so everyone just kinda naturally gravitating to thinking more about the band these days.  At least that's my theory. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

greatest band of all time. fuck the beatles.

the-beatles-were-heavily-inspired-by-bli

Haha I've always considered blink as the Beatles & Beach Boys of pop punk music. I compare other bands to classic bands too, like Green Day to me are the Who of pop punk music. Offspring are the Iron Maiden of pop punk and I compare MCR with Queen. Not really thought of comparing other pop punk bands with the classic rock bands though

• Like 1