The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

55 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Mark looks fresh as FUCK. Certified DILF.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWdr09AJt1h/?utm_medium=share_sheet

He looks great! It's wild that cancer made his hair white (gray?) but he's rocking it, and in my humble opinion, fucked up reasoning aside, short hair suits him much more than the goofy Jimmy Neutron/fauxhawk thing he had for most of the past decade. But yeah, goofy hairstyle opinions are way beside the point, I'm just so happy for him that he's healthy and back out in the world.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

He looks great! It's wild that cancer made his hair white (gray?) but he's rocking it, and in my humble opinion, fucked up reasoning aside, short hair suits him much more than the goofy Jimmy Neutron/fauxhawk thing he had for most of the past decade. But yeah, goofy hairstyle opinions are way beside the point, I'm just so happy for him that he's healthy and back out in the world.

I think he used to dye it. Sometime a while back he posted a selfie and his hair was pretty much dark grey.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLqcAF5BP88/?utm_medium=copy_link

I honestly wanted to see him shaved or without the whole Jimmy Neutron/Roz look for a while now, but obviously not in this situation. However, he’s healthy again and I think he should rock the dad look when he gets back to the stage. It was a little awkward seeing him with white hair for the first time during the behind the scenes of that House of Horrors show, but here he looks sophisticated and it suits him way better. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s growing his hair back out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

mark had a piece in GQ's latest issue about his cancer journey. blink-182 italia mercifully posted some excerpts but i'm still looking for the whole thing.

in addition, it looks like he was visiting san diego today with jack; jack posted some really rare blink cassettes and WIP mix CDs on his instagram story.

i've got scans of the whole article, but the quality isn't great. a paper magazine is on the way.

mark was at his mom's house in rancho bernardo today. he posted a ton more content on the discord than jack did on IG. and he packed up the entire archive in the garage and drove back home to beverly hills with it. there are many items with tons of multiples—like stickers—so i suspect these will be for blinko prizes. for the more rare stuff, i don't know. it's really remarkable of kerry. the woman saved absolutely everything.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, boxelder said:

On the day Hoppus found out about his cancer, he texted Barker the news, as well as Skiba. By coincidence, after a few weeks of not really talking, DeLonge hit up Hoppus randomly. "The way the universe works is strange because I reached out to Mark because I needed him to sign this piece of paper that had to do with my divorce," DeLonge said in a recent interview. "Only because of that call did I learn he had cancer. And he told me on the phone. I was like, 'Wait, what?"' Hoppus added: "Tom sent me a picture of him in front of these women in his video shoot and they were all in lingerie. He texted me like, 'Hope you're doing good. I'm over here making art!' And that's when I told him."

In any case, DeLonge would soon visit Hoppus's house, and because the universe works in strange ways, Barker happened to be there as well. "I didn't know Travis was going to show up," DeLonge said. "And I was like, 'Oh, shit, band meeting!'"

The three of them sat in Hoppus's back-yard for hours, opening their hearts up to one another, talking about everything. DeLonge went deep about his father's death and the metaphysics of the universe and learning to heal. They talked about old wounds within the band and the scars they've accumulated along the way. For all the dick jokes and toilet humor, the trio have experienced their share of darkness.

The conversation that day was, for each of them, a salve. "We got into more life stuff. What we've learned over the years about ourselves. How we've grown, how nothing really matters when it boils down to what we were dealing with in that moment," said DeLonge. And so, it wasn't some big meeting about blink-182, it was more about brothers meeting and saying, 'How do We support Mark?'"

Hoppus still isn't quite sure what tomorrow holds, exactly. But who is? He hasn't really thought about what blink-182 might look like now that he's cancer-free, but he's open to any permutation of the band, really, including line-ups with Tom back in the fold. "We haven't really talked about that, but I'm open to anything in the future," said Hoppus. "I don't know how that would work if it's all four of us. Like we're all going to live in the same house again?"

Hearing Mark, Tom, and Travis all talk about each other, you get a real sense that there's a deep affection there, annoyances and all, loving one another as only brothers can. ("There is nobody with better dick jokes than us," added DeLonge.)

Were you worried about Tom's feeling at all, I asked Skiba.
"It wasn't until an hour or two later that I started to consider Tom's feelings towards it. From what they told me, he left them holding the bag and I've always left it between them. It's not really any of my business.'

Skiba continued: "Tom's been nothing but a sweetheart to me, but it's like somebody dating your ex-girlfriend or your ex-wife or whatever. It's weird. No matter how cordial or adult everyone is, it's awkward. But, people just want to see drama. They want to see a fight. Neither Tom nor myself are that kind of person. Even if it stung for him a little—and I think he said it's a little weird—he's man enough to admit that. I certainly didn't take any joy in causing him any discomfort or whatever, but he and I have always been friends."

Schisms within friend circles are as natural as they are awkward, but few disruptions play out as publicly as Blink's. I asked Hoppus what he would say now to a younger version of himself about navigating the creative tensions within the band. "Probably the thing that I've learned over the years is it's not about me," he said after a brief pause. "People do things for themselves. People do thing for their family. Anybody else's [issues] are not a reflection on me. I can control myself, my thoughts, my actions. And beyond that, it's not about me."

Whoa this is pretty substantial news! Just quoting it again to make sure people don't scroll by.

24 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Whoa this is pretty substantial news! Just quoting it again to make sure people don't scroll by.

Yeah, this interview needs to be a thread.

And that's so awesome he took Jack to that Sombrero's and looked through the blink stash. That entire collection of OG stuff needs to be locked away somewhere. probably not the best idea for it to be laying around at your mom's house anymore lol.

• Like 4

Yea I’m more sure than ever something is happening behind the scenes. They’ve clearly discussed the possibility at the very least personally or they wouldn’t all be discussing it like this in an interview including skiba even if theyre coy about it. Maybe things are in motion, maybe not. I think if Tom comes back skiba gracefully steps aside even if they offer to have him stay idk though.

• Like 1

Yea I’m more sure than ever something is happening behind the scenes. They’ve clearly discussed the possibility at the very least personally or they wouldn’t all be discussing it like this in an interview including skiba even if theyre coy about it. Maybe things are in motion, maybe not. I think if Tom comes back skiba gracefully steps aside even if they offer to have him stay idk though.

2 hours ago, NotNow said:

i do not believe that tom will ever again be a writing / recording member of blink. commemorative and/or limited live shows only.

• Like 4